Finance Officer (Access to Work) - The Deaf Academy
- Multiple Locations
- Part Time
- £22,000 FTE
Interested in Finance? Want a job that truly makes a difference?
The Deaf Academy is a charity that provides specialist education and care for deaf young people. We are recruiting for a skilled administrative officer to manage the finance processes of our claims and payments relating to Access to Work (ATW).
This is a great opportunity for a positive and motivated individual to join our highly skilled Finance team as a Finance Officer. Working specifically on our ATW claims for Employed Support Workers (ESW) and freelance interpreters, you will process any interpreter invoices in a timely manner and submit them to ATW. Working alongside the Finance Team, you will also provide wider task support , as and when required.
The successful candidate will need to be able to work under pressure in what can be a busy environment, whilst having the ability to use their own initiative and think on their feet.
- Manage, monitor and record all aspects of ATW claims, including the ATW email inbox.
- Undertake the Employed Support Worker claims process, updating and analysing spreadsheets and process claims within the 6-month Access to Work (ATW) deadline.
- Carry out the Freelance Interpreter claims process, ensuring accuracy of submitted invoices, paying invoices and processing claims in a timely manner.
- Monitor outstanding claims and chase ATW where needed
- Support deaf staff to apply for new ATW allowances, renewals or queries with their claims via ATW
- Provide ad hoc support for the Finance team with other duties when necessary and attend any meetings where required.
We will offer:
- A highly competitive salary
- A CPD program geared to your specific training needs.
- Sponsorship to achieve qualifications in British Sign Language up to Level 3
- Group Personal Pension including 8% employee contribution
- Life Assurance
- On-site parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- The opportunity to join a committed team of professionals working together to secure high achievement for all our students.
- Subsidised lunches for £2 per day
Our vision is a brighter future for Deaf young people. If you feel you could be part of this story, we would like to hear from you.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults; as such an enhanced DBS disclosure is required. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore applicants are required to declare any cautions, convictions, reprimands and final warnings that are not protected (i.e. that are not filtered out) as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013 and 2020).
The Academy is a Disability Committed Employer in promoting diversity and inclusion for all its students and staff. The Academy is also signed up to the Armed Forces Covenant in supporting ex-service personnel in recognising their skills and experience.
For a job application pack: Please visit the Academy’s website: https://thedeafacademy.ac.uk/ or e-mail the HR Department firstname.lastname@example.org. For an initial chat about the role, or to arrange to visit the academy please contact via email or call 01395 203130.
Candidates will be shortlisted as applications are received. The Academy therefore reserves the right to remove the role earlier than the above date.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 11th June 2023 at 5pm
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationEast DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupFinance & Accounting
- Salary Details
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypePart Time
22.5 hours per week/30 hours per week (term time) all year round
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required