Finance Manager - Plymouth CAST
- Multiple Locations
- Full Time
- £37,261 - £40,478 and appropriate pension scheme
Main Location: Flexible working between home and Notre Dame Secondary School and St Boniface College. You will also provide support to two primary schools based in Cornwall which may be require occasional travel however support can also be provided remotely.
Required to start June 2023.
Plymouth CAST, one of the largest Catholic Multi Academy Trusts in the country, is seeking to appoint a Finance Manager to work in our two secondary schools based in Plymouth, Devon.
The Trust is seeking to appoint an experienced, highly organised and efficient Finance Manager who will support the College’s senior leaders to create budgets and financial forecasts for the secondary provisions, in line with the Trust processes and systems. As part of the role, you will also support to two of our primary schools in Cornwall.
As Finance Manager, you will be an integral part of the team responsible for ensuring high standards of financial integrity within the cluster of schools. You will be responsible for the effective implementation of financial processes to ensure the timely provision of accurate information, financial or otherwise, to aid the decision-making processes for the schools. You will monitor the financial position of the schools, produce management accounts and prepare budget scenarios in line with Trust processes and policies. You will also provide financial planning and oversight to designated primary schools. Furthermore, you will support the production of Trust wide statutory accounts, and associated audit requirements, whilst promoting the highest standards of business ethos within the school’s financial functions.
This is an exciting opportunity for a suitably skilled person to join the Trust and work in its community of highly motivated staff, as well as having the opportunity to work with the Trust’s Chief Finance Officer.
You will need significant financial management experience within the education sector. Alongside developed organisational skills and excellent communication skills, you will be a strategic thinker and problem solver, with experience of building relationships with colleagues, contractors and outside agencies.
If you feel that you have the necessary skills and competencies, we would love to hear from you!
Essential requirements are:
• Qualified Accountant or AAT qualified with a minimum of 3 years in school experience
• Computer literate with excellent excel skills in additional to the financial system expertise
• Experience of working with computer software package, including Access Dimensions, HCSS, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher
• Sympathetic and supportive of the Catholic nature and aims of the Trust and to upholding the Gospel Values.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Developed organisation skills with the ability to set and meet deadlines.
• A full driving licence and use of a car to meet the travel required for the post.
How to apply
If you would like an informal discussion about this role, please email Careers@plymouthcast.org.uk using the Subject Heading: “Finance Manager - Informal Discussion Request” and include your contact numbers in the main body. Karl Murphy-Barnes, Chief Finance Officer, will contact you.
To complete an application for this role, please click here Support Staff Application Form (The link to access the Application Form is also on the attached Application pack.
Closing Date: Midday Wednesday 7th June 2023
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationPlymouthDevonCornwall
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupManagement & Senior ManagementFinance & Accounting
- Salary Details
£37,261 - £40,478 and appropriate pension scheme
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required