Farming in Protected Landscapes Administrator - Exmoor National Park Authority
- Full Time
- £24,496 - £27,852 per annum (pay award pending)
Exmoor National Park Authority manages a unique and beautiful part of the country. Our vision is to ensure Exmoor National Park has a thriving living landscape and is a place where people can enjoy and benefit from Exmoor’s special qualities and sustainable communities. Our Conservation staff play a key role in the achievement of this vision.
Farming in Protected Landscapes is a funded programme launched in 2021 with funding from DEFRA. The programme helps farmers and land managers in National Parks and AONBs to prepare for the transition to Environmental Land Management Schemes by supporting the delivery of environmental outcomes and public goods.
We’re now seeking a FiPL (Farming in Protected Landscapes) Administrator to join our team on a full time basis for a fixed-term contract until 31st March 2025 and play a key part in the delivery of the FiPL programme.
- Full time equivalent salary of £24,496 - £27,852 per annum (pay award pending)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Paid sickness leave
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- 28 days’ holiday per annum, plus Bank Holidays (pro rata if part time)
This is the ideal role for a proven business, finance or project support professional with a track record of supporting conservation initiatives to progress and develop with our National Park.
You’ll have the chance to make a real impact on the delivery of this programme, working within a small team yet providing your own style of organisation to ensure we can deliver the programme smoothly.
What’s more, we offer a great range of benefits and rewards to ensure you remain motivated and focused on providing incredible support at every step of the programme journey.
As the FiPL Administrator, you will be tasked with supporting the Farming in Protected Landscapes Programme.
Specifically, you will provide administrative support, developing ways of monitoring projects and ensuring compliance with requirements.
Assisting with financial management for multiple projects, you will monitor expenditure, provide progress updates and implement financial management procedures.
This varied and engaging role will also see you providing technical support in terms of monitoring budgets, minutes taking and support for setting up events and workshops, as well as supporting project and programme evaluation.
To be considered as the FiPL Administrator, you will need:
- Significant experience in a business, finance or project support role
- Significant experience with administrative systems and practice in a local authority setting
- A strong track record of supporting the delivery of conservation projects and programmes through administrative duties and basic communications
- Experience of monitoring and recording expenditure through local authority systems,
scheduling meetings and taking accurate confidential minutes
- Knowledge of National Parks and farming
- Knowledge of grant programmes including Agri-environment schemes
- At a minimum, A-Levels or equivalent qualifications
- A full, valid driving licence or the ability to travel across the National Park
Other organisations may call this role Administrator, Programme Administrator, Project Administrator, Project Co-ordinator, Administration Officer, Admin Support Officer, or Project Support Officer.
Webrecruit and Exmoor National Park Authority are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking to make an impact and support the environment as a FiPL Administrator, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
For more information and to apply, please click here: Apply (webrecruit.co)
The closing date for this role is the 21st June 2023.
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationSomerset
- Work Postcode
Exmoor House, Dulverton, Somerset
- Occupational GroupAdministrative, Secretarial & Office SupportEnvironment, Conservation & Waste
- Salary Details
£24,496 - £27,852 per annum (pay award pending)
- Job TermFixed
- Appointment TypeFull Time
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required