Willowbank is situated in the town of Cullompton. We currently have approximately 260 children on roll divided into 10 classes. We are passionate about every child succeeding and the successful candidate will share this passion and work proactively to help reduce or remove any barriers or challenges our families and children face.
This post is fixed term to provide maternity cover.
We are looking to appoint an exceptional candidate who:
Following a successful transition period, will seamlessly continue the work of our current Family Support Advisor.
Will proactively seek ways to remove barriers to learning through supporting vulnerable children and their families throughout the school.
• Has excellent knowledge of support services and safeguarding procedures and is willing to act as Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead and complete the Level 3 training if required.
• Is confident signposting and coordinating the necessary multi-agency support to enable parents to help raise their child’s levels of attainment and achievement.
• Is confident leading multi-agency meetings and is familiar with Rights For Children.
• Is confident delivering safeguarding training to colleagues.
• Is skilled at developing relationships with children, parents and staff at all levels and is an advocate for the relational approach.
• Is skilled at delivering interventions with children.
• Will work effectively with the school team to improve attendance.
• Is not phased by the daily challenge and variety that a busy primary school can present.
We can offer the candidate:
• A warm and welcoming working environment.
• An exciting and innovative Trust that will inspire and allow you to reach your full potential.
• Employee Wellbeing programme
• Cycle to work scheme.
The First Federation has been at the forefront of primary system change and wishes to continue to push the educational boundaries in order to improve children’s lives.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires an enhanced DBS disclosure. Our Child Protection policy can be found on the school's website. https://www.willowbank.devon.sch.uk/policies-and-risk-assessments/
All shortlisted applicants will be subject to an online search.
Please apply via the First Federation Trust website: https://www.firstfederation.org/vacancies/ by midday on the closing date.
Interview Date: Wednesday 11th October 2023
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationMid Devon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation Support
- Salary Details
Grade E: £23,150.26 - £25,857.29 per annum (actual) £13.66 - £15.26 per hour (£26,357 - £29,439 FTE)
- Job TermFixed
- Appointment TypePart TimeTerm Time
32.5 hours per week, 38 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required