The Headteacher and Governors of Littletown Primary Academy are seeking to appoint a Family Support Worker who is passionate about making a difference to children and our Families lives. This is a newly created post and is an exciting opportunity to provide ongoing support, guidance and early intervention, in order to improve the physical and emotional wellbeing of families and to secure high levels of pupil attendance.
Required to start 1st September 2022.
You will be responsible to the SENDCo.
Purpose of the post:
-To provide ongoing support, guidance and early intervention, in order to improve the physical and emotional wellbeing of families and to secure high levels of pupil attendance.
Duties and responsibilities:
Support for Families:
• Establish constructive relationships with parents/carers, working directly with them to develop positive relationships and management strategies within the family.
• Encourage the family to support the child’s progress at school.
• Monitor and challenge the parents of persistently late pupils.
• Liaise with other members of staff regarding attendance issues and to suggest strategies for improving attendance.
• Support parents to complete necessary paperwork/referrals for relevant outside agencies including Right for Children, Early Help, Children’s centre and School Nurse Hub.
• Establish constructive relationships and communicate with other agencies/professionals to support the wellbeing of families and children.
• To attend TAF meetings related to individual pupils and families, assisting the SENDCo or leading the meeting where relevant.
• Liaise with and other agencies in order to establish effective support and challenge for identified pupils/families.
• Be part of the school Student and Family Support Team (SAFS).
• Support other members of the SAFS team in carrying out their pastoral duties.
• To provide workshops and information drop in sessions for parents related to social, emotional and health needs.
Support for the School:
• Be aware of, and comply with, the school’s policies and procedures, especially those relating to child protection, health and safety, security and confidentiality, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
• To be vigilant and protect children from harm or abuse, reporting any concerns in accordance with the school’s child protection and whistleblowing policies
• Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the school
• To be professional and a good role model to the children and other staff members, at all times
• Be aware of and support difference and ensure all pupils have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop
• Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required
Please note that this is illustrative of the general nature and level of responsibility of the role. It is not a comprehensive list of all tasks a Family Support Worker/Attendance Officer will carry out. The postholder may be required to do other duties appropriate to the level of the role, as directed by the SENDCo.
What can we offer you as a school:
In return, we can offer you:
• Enthusiastic children who want to do their best.
• Supportive parents.
• Happy staff, who work together as a team.
• A commitment to professional development.
• A vibrant school with good resources.
At Littletown we offer a high standard of education for all children that offers a wide range of learning opportunities. We have high expectations of behaviour that are based on respect, positive rewards and developing children’s sense of responsibility and self-esteem.
We pride ourselves on our caring and supportive environment. We encourage special talents, skills and interests such as music, sport and art. We aim for children to be healthy, safe and to play an active part in the school and wider community.
Littletown Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to have an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check in line with the Government’s safer recruitment guidelines. Littletown Primary Academy is committed to equal opportunities.
We would welcome and encourage you to take the opportunity to look around our lovely school.
Please return your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please apply by noon on the closing date:
If you do not hear from us by the end of 1.7.22 then please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
Interviews: Friday 8th July 2022
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationEast DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation Support
- Salary Details
Scale D: £10.60 - £11.70
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypePart TimeTerm Time
16.25 hours per week (8.45 am – 12pm Monday - Friday), 39 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required