Required to start as soon as possible.
An opportunity to join the thriving Axe Valley Academy in a newly created role, as a Family Support Worker.
Our school is an energised, vibrant, and welcoming environment, dedicated to making a difference for our 650 students in Years 7-11. You will find the workplace, collaborative, friendly, and open to fresh ideas.
The role of Family Support Worker is designed to provide effective support for students and their families and involves working under the direction of the Inclusion team, led by the Assistant Headteacher, to ensure good outcomes for all our families
In your new role as Family Support Worker, you will
- deliver professional, impartial and outcome-focussed support to help students attend school, make academic progress and support their success within the wider school community.
- Have the opportunity to plan, facilitate and deliver workshops for our students and their families to support them further. The FSW role will also include individual case work to support families with accessing services as well as support within their local community.
The role would suit a person who is highly organised, able to multitask, and ideally with experience of engaging and working with vulnerable families and children with challenging needs.
Our school is based in the market town of Axminster and is part of the of the highly regarded Uffculme Academy Trust, consisting of five schools in Devon and Somerset – three secondary and two primary.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any job offer is subject to satisfactory enhanced DBS clearance.
Apply now at www.axevalley.devon.sch.uk/vacancies
We look forward to welcoming you to our school.
Please apply by 8am on the closing date.
Interview Date: Thursday 1st December 2022
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationEast DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation Support
- Salary Details
NJC SCP 13-16: £16,802 - £17,750
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypePart TimeTerm Time
30 hours per week (term time only)
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required