Fixed Term 12 Months
The main purpose of the job is to assist the Refugee Resettlement Manager in the provision, organisation, delivery, development and maintenance of family intervention services for refugees operating across the County. Family intervention services will provide whole family approaches for children and families who are in need of Early Help and often have multiple and complex needs.
You will provide line management, direction, supervision and quality assurance of a small team of family practitioners / family support workers supporting refugee families based within the community and in bridging hotels. You will also oversee the escalation of safeguarding events for both children and adults. You will manage allocations, review caseloads and authorise completed Early Help Assessments. You will chair Team Around the Family meetings and working closely with key stakeholders such as DWP, Schools, the Home Office and the Voluntary Sector. You will be based in Exeter but be willing to travel across the County.
You will need to be creative, resourceful and act as a single point of contact for a range of family & parenting issues. You will need to have experience of providing line management within a family support or social work setting. You will also need to hold as least a Level 4 Qualification in Social Care, Education, Community work, Business Management or demonstrate equivalent relevant experience. You do not need to have experience of working with a refugees, but would be an advantage.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- This role requires a DBS disclosure.
For an informal conversation, please send you contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationExeter
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupSocial Care & HealthManagement & Senior ManagementYouth & CommunityProject & Programme Management
- Salary Details
£33,486 - £37,568 per annum
- Job TermFixed
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required