As well as being a fascinating place to visit and re-visit, Arlington Court is an immense opportunity. We believe that Arlington Court and its wider estate could be one of our biggest success stories in the Trust in being able to deliver public benefit for the Nation. We have an exciting opportunity for a Facilities Manager to lead on health and safety and environmental compliance, and to look after our buildings for everyone.
What it's like to work here
On the edge of Exmoor and a short distance from the North Devon coast, Arlington Court is one of Britain’s best kept secrets. At the heart of the 2700-acre estate is a house with an eclectic collection including masses of model shops, piles of pewter and a museum room the last owner’s collectable. The stables now house the National Trust’s Carriage Collection. The formal and kitchen gardens are set a little way from the house while the pleasure grounds merge into the park and wider countryside. Arlington Court and the wider North Devon Coast and Countryside are now one large portfolio having merged in 2021 making it an exciting place to work with lots of variety and diversity on offer. This is a fantastic leadership opportunity for someone who has real drive and ambition, joining our passionate and energetic team to make a difference.
For more information about our property, please visit www.nationaltrust.org.uk/days-out/regionsouthwest/devon.
What you'll be doing
For us, facilities aren’t a back-office function, so you’ll be out and about inspecting our properties and keeping on top of our systems. As part of the property team, you’ll report to the Facilities & Support Services Manager and be responsible for the running of all aspects of facilities management across our properties, making sure we are safe and compliant.
Who we're looking for
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
• An understanding of facilities management and maintenance requirements;
• Good experience of broad compliance and risk management, including knowledge of Health & Safety, CDM regulations, Emergency procedures and Fire & Security procedures;
• Good people and customer service skills;
• Experience of managing budgets, finances, projects and contracts/contractors;
• Advanced IT skills.
The National Trust has the motto ‘For everyone, for ever’ at its heart. We’re working hard to create an inclusive culture, where everyone feels they belong. It’s important that our people reflect and represent the diversity of the communities and audiences we serve. We welcome and value difference, so when we say we’re for everyone, we want everyone to be welcome in our teams too.
• Flexible working whenever possible;
• Free parking at most locations;
• Free entry to our properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18);
• Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary.
Click here to find out more about the benefits we offer to support you.
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationNorth DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupManagement & Senior ManagementManual (Caretaking/Cleaning/Driving/Catering/
- Salary Details
£26,500 per annum
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37.5 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required