We require an Exams Support Officer to join Plympton Academy to support with the exam periods. Your presence will maintain the integrity of examinations in an environment that enables a student to perform at their best.
Under the direction of the Exams Officer, you will lead a team of invigilators in conducting external examinations for pupils, ensuring that all regulatory requirements for the conduct of examinations are strictly adhered to and met at all times. The successful candidate will support the Exams Officer with setting up of exam venues, checking examination packs, assisting candidates and actively invigilating during examinations. You will be required to check attendance, record relevant details, so good communication, both written and verbal, are essential. You may be required to scribe/read for students – full training will be provided.
At Plympton Academy we believe in inspiring a culture of success for all, including our staff. We have a strong culture of staff development and support - high quality CPD, based on research and evidenced best practice, which is prioritised and supported through a tailored coaching programme.
We work collaboratively with the best schools locally and nationally so that all teachers continue to thrive and engage in the latest teaching developments and practice. We prioritise good behaviour and strong pastoral support so that learning is disruption-free, teachers can teach and students’ can focus. As a result, we are incredibly proud of our students and staff who love the challenge of learning, are equipped to achieve their dreams and take pride in their success.
What you will need to succeed:
- It is essential that you possess good interpersonal skills and an ability to deal with matters calmly, swiftly and firmly, without being confrontational.
- Previous experience in working with secondary school age children as an exam invigilator, previous supervision/ lead experience would be a distinct advantage
- Confidentiality inside and outside the workplace is essential, as is the ability to support Academy ethos and vision into the wide community.
- Confident in managing and delegating tasks
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a family of schools consisting of both primary and secondary schools across Kent, Hampshire and Plymouth.
We believe that every young person in our community deserves to have the best opportunities at life regardless of their individual circumstances.
Education is the key to transforming life chances and we support and develop every member of our community to:
- Think about their Thinking
- Be their Best self
- Shape their Success
In this way we transform life chances
Click Here To view our Trust video to gain an insight into The Thinking Schools Academy Trust
What our Trust will offer you:
- The opportunity to work with and support happy and well-behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
- Vast support network from senior leaders and other colleagues within the school and our Trust
- An excellent Local Government pension scheme
- As a Trust we aim to foster a culture of appreciation with our fantastic Colleague recognition scheme
- Health and Wellbeing benefits including access to Thinking You - A 24/7 employee assistance programme for legal, financial, emergency health or lifestyle support
- Support staff have access to 'Discount for Teachers' with a huge range of money saving deals and vouchers
- A 'Refer a Friend' incentive scheme
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working at our school, benefitting from a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today!
We also encourage any early applications and we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if we suitable candidate is found.
We strongly encourage any applicants who may be interested in working at our school to contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an informal conversation about the role with our hiring manager.
If you experience any issues in applying for this role via our careers site, please click here to submit an application via Microsoft Forms
If this position is not quite right for you, but you would be interested for any other positions within our Trust please click here to join our Talent Pool.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. As per KCSIE we will also undertake online searches for all shortlisted candidates, if you have any questions regarding this process please email email@example.com
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationPlymouthDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation SupportAdministrative, Secretarial & Office Support
- Salary Details
TSAT Pay Group 2 Pro rata £10,483- £12,216 (£22,177 - £25,843 FTE)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypePart TimeTerm Time
19 hours per week, 41 weeks per annum (term time + 2 weeks)
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required