Summary of Role:
Required to start September 2022, to work 1400 hours per annum flexibly during term time plus 4 days during August to coincide with A-Level and GCSE results.
The Exams Officer will work alongside key staff in school (and alongside Exams Officers in other DMAT schools) to set the highest standards of administrative efficiency in support of students and families in what can understandably be a stressful period of some students’ academic career.
The Exams Officer will demonstrate the drive and initiative to work in an independent and flexible manner where management of workload and personal organisation will be vital skills.
A good working knowledge of how to deal with more complex and challenging situations will be necessary.
The Exams Officer will thus:
• Be responsible for managing the effective and efficient administration of external examinations in accordance with the Joint Council for Qualifications (JCQ) regulations (on behalf of the JCQ member awarding bodies) and/or awarding body rules for exams administration in a consistent and secure fashion, thereby helping to maintain the integrity of the assessment process;
• Be responsible for managing the effective and efficient administration of internal examinations and tests;
• Support the Head of centre in ensuring that the centre is compliant with JCQ regulations and awarding body requirements in order to ensure the security and integrity of the examinations/assessments at all times;
• Act on behalf of, and be the main point of contact for, the centre in matters relating to the general administration of awarding body examinations and assessments;
• Closely liaise with key stakeholders (external and internal) to ensure exams administration processes are strictly followed and key deadlines met;
• Ensure examinations are conducted in accordance with the regulations;
• Through taking an ethical approach and working proactively to avoid malpractice among students and staff, support the Head of centre in taking all reasonable steps to prevent the occurrence of any malpractice / maladministration before, during the course of and after examinations have taken place.
We are delighted to be part of Dartmoor Multi Academy Trust which came into effect on 1 January 2018. Our Trust consists of a total of 3 secondary schools and 14 primary schools and provides further opportunity for sharing good practice and resources and for staff development.
All schools in The Dartmoor Multi Academy Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure Barring Service (DBS).
For further information and to apply for this post, please visit www.dartmoormat.org.uk (Vacancies page).
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationWest DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation Support
- Salary Details
£24,432 per annum (FTE)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
35 hours per week, 40 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required