Sidmouth College, recently judged in May 2022 by OFSTED to be a 'Good' school, is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, flexible and motivated person with excellent organisation and communication skills to join us as our Examinations Officer in September 2022.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a key administrative role at Sidmouth College and to take the lead role in organising and processing all aspects of both internal and external examinations and to ensure the provision of robust data analysis in the college.
The primary responsibilities of the role are:
• The administration and organisation of all examinations at the school, ensuring that they are all administered in line with JCQ regulations;
• To disseminate information about internal and external exams to staff, students and their parents;
• To liaise with the SLT and Curriculum Leaders on application procedures, deadlines and timetables;
• To be responsible for the submission of examination entries, forecast grades and coursework marks for external exams to the examination boards for all public exams, e.g. GCSE, BTEC and A Level;
• To receive, check, sort and secure external examination papers as they arrive and to be responsible for examination stationery;
• To check, pack and despatch all external examination papers by parcel force or other authorised means;
• To be responsible for the daily running of examinations and to inform the relevant staff about arrangements to provide an appropriate examinations environment.
The full job description is included in the applicant information pack.
You will have a proven track record of excellent organisational skills, experience of working to deadlines and producing accurate work to a very high standard. You will have excellent planning and problem solving skills, be flexible and resilient and have the ability to think creatively. You will also have the ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and act with discretion at all times.
The working days will be Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 4.30pm and Friday 8.30am to 4pm, with 1/2 hour for lunch. This includes attendance at GCSE and A Level results periods.
If you feel that you have the required expertise and aptitude to take on this interesting and crucial role, we would love to receive an application from you.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
Further details are available on TES or www.sidmouthcollege.devon.sch.uk (follow the link for vacancies) or by telephoning the College Reception on 01395 514823.
Please apply through TES.
- OrganisationDevon County Schools
- Work LocationEast DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation Support
- Salary Details
£21,270 - £23,953 (pending the 2022/23 pay award)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypePart TimeTerm Time
37 hours per week, 40 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required