Estates Surveyor - Teignbridge District Council
- Multiple Locations
- Full Time
- £37,261 - £39,493 per annum
This is an opportunity to join a busy Estates Team which is part of a wider Assets Department that delivers in-house property services to the Council. The team is responsible for the management of a property portfolio with a rent roll of circa £2.8 million, as well as the provision of valuation work and playing a key role in Council led regeneration and development projects.
- Agile working – Part office based, and part home based
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Generous annual leave and wellbeing package
- Generously discounted gym membership at Teignbridge District Council Leisure Centres
- Opportunities for career and self-development
The ideal candidate:
- Will have a good knowledge of Landlord and Tenant law.
- Will be a Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors or training towards membership.
- Enjoys solving problems. You love taking on difficult challenges and finding creative solutions. You don’t get flustered easily. If you don’t know the answer, you’ll dig until you find it.
- Likes helping people. You are patient, level headed and cool under pressure.
- Pays attention to details. As far as you’re concerned, anything worth doing is worth doing right, every single time. You stay focused and nothing falls through the cracks on your watch.
- Communicates clearly. You can explain just about anything to anyone, and comfortable communicating in writing and on the phone.
- Will think on their feet. You like learning new things, and you can learn quickly.
- Will be self-motivated. You volunteer for new challenges without being asked. You’re going to take ownership of the time you spend with us and truly make a difference.
- Will have a good team ethos and will actively contribute towards team deadlines and priorities.
Read the job description and person specification - it will help you understand whether your knowledge, skills and experience match the job requirements. In your supporting statement please tell us how you meet each of the essential criteria we ask for in the person specification.
For an informal discussion please contact on please contact either Chris Bouchard, Estates Manager on 01626 215178 or Tom Phillips, Assets Manager on 01626 215185.
If you experience any difficulties submitting your application. Please email email@example.com for support.
Closing Date: Tuesday 11th April 2023.
Interview Date: Wednesday 19th April 2023.
- OrganisationTeignbridge District Council
- Work LocationTeignbridgeDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupHousing & Planning
- Salary Details
£37,261 - £39,493 per annum
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required