Estates Manager - Link Academy Trust
- Part Time
- , NJC Grade F: £15.63 per hour (£15700 per annum; £30,151 per annum FTE)
Required to start as soon as possible.
We are looking to appoint an Estates Manager to work alongside our Trust Health & Safety Coordinator and Maintenance team. If you are passionate, ambitious and knowledgeable person and would like to be at the forefront of current health & safety practice in education and premises development, we need you.
The ideal candidate will have considerable people and project management expertise and be proactive, responsible and safety conscious who is also self-motivated and resourceful. You will need to be a facilities professional who supervises work across the Trust with both external and internal contractors. Implementing and managing the Estates Development Plan is a key part of this role along with managing funding bids and income effectively to deliver specific build projects.
The successful Estates Manager will have the following experience;
• A professional qualification within the building/property industry (or equivalent experience)
• Project management experience with proven skills in project planning, organisation and implementation
• Appropriate Health and safety qualification and a good knowledge in this area
• A working knowledge of property and planning law and regulations
• Excellent line management skills
• Proficiency in all MS Office applications
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, along with negotiating and organizational skills
• Previous experience in a related or similar role in a large and complex setting
• Proven leadership qualities, energy, drive and determination
Main duties and responsibilities include;
• Provide strategic leadership to the Estates team
• Contribute to and lead on the Trust’s Estates Development Plan, updating and linking to AMP reports
• Formulate, manage and deliver the Estates budgets
• Take responsibility for cost/benefit analysis of undertaking or delaying capital or revenue work
• Project manage all capital projects from setting up initial requirements, maintaining ongoing contact with external professionals through to final snagging visit, reporting throughout to Trustees.
• Maintain and improve the premises, grounds and facilities across the Trust through a robust maintenance programme
• Liaise with the school's architects on all planning issues to develop the Trust's estate
• Develop and lead on the Trust's sustainability agenda
• Take overall responsibility for Estates related health and safety, and risk management
• Ensure all statutory compliance inspections and planned preventative maintenance are completed
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure and online Social Media check.
If you would like to visit any of the schools or wish to know more about the role, please don’t hesitate to contact us on 01803 762113 in the first instance.
If you think the above sounds like an exciting opportunity and you feel you are the person we are looking for to fill this role, please go to our Trust website http://www.thelink.academy/web/vacancies_1/558656 to download an application form.
All completed applications to be sent to the Trust HR Officer, Sue Howard at firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon on the closing date.
Interview Date: w/c 27th March 2023
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationDevon
- Occupational GroupManagement & Senior ManagementProject & Programme Management
- Salary Details
, NJC Grade F: £15.63 per hour (£15700 per annum; £30,151 per annum FTE)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypePart Time
19.5 hours per week, 3 days (with flexibility), All Year Round
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required