Estates Manager - Link Academy Trust
- Full Time
- NJC Grade G: £35,411 - £39,493
Required to start as soon as possible.
The successful Estates Manager will have the following experience and expertise;
• A professional qualification within the building/property industry (or equivalent experience)
• Project management experience with proven skills in planning, organisation and implementation
• Appropriate Health and safety qualification and a good knowledge in this area
• A working knowledge of property and planning law and regulations
• A strong understanding of personnel development and training needs alongside excellent line management skills
• Proficiency in all MS Office applications
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, along with negotiating and organisational skills
• Previous experience in a related or similar role in a large and complex setting
• Proven leadership qualities, energy, drive and determination
• Experience of completing applications for funding specific to estates and property improvement
Main duties and responsibilities include;
• Provide strategic leadership to the Estates team
• Contribute to and lead on the Trust’s Estates Development Plan, updating and linking to AMP reports and audited Trust need.
• Formulate, manage and deliver the Estates budget plans.
• Take responsibility for cost/benefit analysis of undertaking or delaying capital or revenue work
• Applying for grants and funding where it will ensure improvements are viable and supporting others to complete the same for individual academies.
• Project manage all capital projects from setting up initial requirements, maintaining ongoing contact with external professionals through to final snagging visit, reporting throughout to CEO, DCEO and Trustees.
• Maintain and improve the premises, grounds and facilities across the Trust through a robust maintenance programme
• Liaise with the school's architects on all planning issues to develop the Trust's estate
• Develop and lead on the Trust's sustainability agenda
• Take overall responsibility for Estates related health and safety, and risk management
• Working with the external IT provider consider the Digital Strategy for the Trust and tie this in with the Estates Plan.
• Ensure all statutory compliance inspections and planned preventative maintenance are completed
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure and online Social Media check.
If you would like to visit any of the schools or wish to know more about the role, please don’t hesitate to contact us on 01803 762113 in the first instance.
If you think the above sounds like an exciting opportunity and you feel you are the person we are looking for to fill this role, please go to our Trust website at Welcome to LINK ACADEMY TRUST (thelink.academy) to download an application form.
All completed applications to be sent to the Trust HR Operations Manager, Sue Howard at email@example.com by 12 noon on the closing date.
Interview Date: w/c 26th June 2023
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationDevon
- Occupational GroupManagement & Senior ManagementManual (Caretaking/Cleaning/Driving/Catering/
- Salary Details
NJC Grade G: £35,411 - £39,493
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37 hours per week, 5 days (with flexibility), All Year Round
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required