Fixed Term 20 Months Apprenticeship
We are recruiting for an Estates Apprentice to work across a range of teams within Transformation & Business Services.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to participate in our Step-In Apprenticeship Programme and join our Estates and Business Services teams at a challenging and exciting time.
The post holder will be involved in key tasks to support Estates and Business Services functions across the County, including property related tasks including building maintenance, property compliance and facilities management.
You will join a fast-paced team, offering a wide variety of diverse tasks and development opportunities.
The duration of the contract will be 20 months. Apprentices will work towards achieving a qualification in Business Administration (Level 3). This will be supported by a combination of training and practical work experience.
We offer a highly competitive starting salary of £20,812 - £21,189 per annum, 26 days holiday, flexible working arrangements, training and entry into a pension scheme.
Applicants should be:
- Keen and enthusiastic to learn and motivated to succeed
- Interested in learning more about a range of finance services within local government and how it might meet your future career aspirations
- Able to listen carefully and respond well to people
- Keen to network with fellow apprentices
- Willing to provide excellent service to the people of Devon
- Of suitable academic ability i.e., minimum qualifications of grade C (4) GCSE (or equivalent) in English and Maths
This is an extremely exciting time to join us as we invest in the future Council workforce. If you have the ambition, drive and qualities we are looking for, then apply for our Step-In Apprenticeship Programme today!
For an informal discussion, please contact Leroy Venn (email@example.com) or 01392 381307 / 07966 729672
Find out more at: devon.cc/apprenticeships or follow us on Facebook (Devon County Council Apprenticeship Scheme) and Twitter (@DCCApprentices)
Please click Apply Now to see the Job Description.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working - The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- This role requires a DBS disclosure.
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationExeterDevonHybrid
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupApprenticeships/Training Programmes/Work Experience
- Salary Details
£20,812 - £21,189 per annum
- Job TermFixed
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required