Enrichment Instructor - The Outdoors Group Ltd
- Multiple Terms
- £19,814 per annum (£24,768 FTE)
Location: The Outdoors School (This post will be required to travel between sites)
Required to start June 2023.
The post is a 12 month fixed term contract.
The Enrichment Instructor role works as part of the Enrichment team planning and delivering offsite experiences that aim to assist and support learners to engage in the world around them enriching their experiences and opportunities and raising their aspirations.
Applicants will ideally possess the following personal skills: Be highly organised, methodical, and able to prioritise, set deadlines, and keep to them. Have the ability to time manage own workload effectively and work as part of a team, promoting a positive culture. Have a flexible approach to the task and resilience under pressure. Demonstrate effective communication skills, verbal, non-verbal, and written. Be reliable, enthusiastic, creative, and honest. Be enthusiastic and have a positive outlook in supporting health, fitness and wellbeing.
To be able to engage challenging young people within an education setting delivering a good quality of learning. Have the ability to advocate for learners and enabling them to advocate for themselves. Have the knowledge and experience of child protection procedures and being confident in reporting, recording, and information sharing. To be able to recognise the effects of stress on self and others.
Some projects will range from creative crafting, musical and drama experiences, outdoor adventurous activities amongst other things and will create links to environmental education, living things and scientific discovery as well as social engagement and health, fitness and well-being.
We are looking for a passionate, dedicated, and inspirational individual to join our team with proven track records in achieving high standards of quality.
To work as part of the Enrichment team facilitating learning, opportunity, and experience within a variety of locations for all learners.
- Resilience to working outside in all weathers.
- Resilience to working in an emotionally challenging environment.
- Resilience to work with dysregulated learners.
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties outlined in this job description are in addition to those covered by The Outdoors School policies and procedures. They may be modified by the Headteacher, with your agreement, to reflect or anticipate changes in the job, commensurate with the salary and job title.
- To supervise, demonstrate and instruct groups in a wide variety of offsite activities.
- Conduct dynamic risk assessments on the activities, location and environment around these activities, within the guidelines laid down by the school.
- To assist with the day to day running of offsite trips, setting up and putting away of equipment and supervision of the groups. Assisting with the maintenance of any outdoor equipment and grounds including safety checks and record keeping.
- Ensure facilities are fit for purpose, safe, clean, tidy and take the appropriate action when any problems are identified.
- Planning and preparation of off-site programme delivery and/or training sessions.
- Delivery of activities for which you hold the appropriate qualifications, or for which you have been in-house assessed, and assisting alongside staff of a relevant level of qualification or experience.
- Promoting and enabling social development opportunities.
- Develop resources to support learning and development of the enrichment team.
- Create projects to extend learners learning in line with the school curriculum
- Work with other staff and specialists to engage learners creatively and
- Use creative ways to assess and record progress.
- Safeguarding duties.
- Updating/maintaining records e.g. School Pod.
- Engage in staff supervision and appraisal process.
- Engage in critical reflective practice and participate in CPD opportunities, developing and sharing ideas and best practice for training and delivery.
- Ensure that learners experience a supportive and positive staff team at all times.
The successful candidate will need to have experience in the following areas:-
- Creative approaches to learning.
- Comprehensive understanding of the curriculum and project-based learning.
- An understanding or experience of the use of interventions.
- Experience of working with learners with a range of complex needs, including ASD or Emotional, Social and Attachment related needs.
- Excellent creative practice that adapts to different learner’s needs.
- A proven track record of working with children with a wide range of complex learning needs with the ability and drive to deliver outstanding outcomes.
- The skills to work within a team, who is able to motivate, lead and support teams of colleagues where necessary.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with parents, carers and liaise with other professionals.
- A good sense of humour and a positive work ethic regarding ‘work-life’ balance.
- A strong resilient personality who can process challenging situations with dis-regulated students to ensure that there is a positive resolution.
- A strong professional attitude with vision, creativity and enthusiasm who will contribute to the continued development of our school.
- Familiarity with the geographical area, to enable the learners to make full use of this resource.
For further information about the role please view the full job specification which can be found on our website here: https://www.outdoorsgroup.co.uk/work-with-us/
To apply please send a covering letter and complete the application form on our website. Please note we will only accept submissions from candidates who complete an application form.
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationDevon
- Work Postcode
The Outdoors School (This post will be required to travel between sites)
- Occupational GroupEducation Support
- Salary Details
£19,814 per annum (£24,768 FTE)
- Job TermFixed
- Appointment TypePart TimeTerm Time
30 hours per week (term time only) 40 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required