Required from September 2022, to provide specialist support in the UTC Engineering Department, including preparation and maintenance of resources and support to staff at South Devon University Technical College (SDUTC is part of Education South West).
The courses on offer are all vocational, both at Key Stage 4 and Key Stage 5. At Key Stage 4, the learners complete OCR Nationals in both Engineering and Design with complementing qualifications of an NVQ Level 2 in Performing Engineering Operations and Creative iMedia, the latter adding a creative, digital discipline to three more technical qualifications.
At Key Stage 5, the students complete a BTEC Level 3 in Engineering in one of a range of weightings from the Certificate to the Extended Diploma.
The South Devon UTC is looking for an Engineering technician who understands the importance of supporting staff and students and sharing their passion for learning and supporting students in the workplace and everyday life.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our team which has a strong sense of purpose and enjoys variety and challenge.
What we can offer you:
• The opportunity to work in a small, specialist college where all staff are viewed as part of the family;
• Somewhere where leaders look after you as well as encourage you to pursue your aspirations and goals;
• A college where the learning experience focused on technical and employability skills for young people is the centre of everything that we do;
• A college with a healthy view of work life balance.
ESW is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and an enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
If you are interested in this position, please download the application form below and, once completed, return by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please apply by 9am on the closing date.
Interview Date: likely to take place w/c 18 July 2022
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationTeignbridgeDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation Support
- Salary Details
D7-D12 £20,444 - £22,571 pro rata
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypePart TimeTerm Time
20 hours per week, 39 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required