Engineering Technician (Ref 4609)
- Multiple Locations
- Full Time
- £26,357 - £29,439 per annum
Are you looking for the next step in your career?
If you’ve got experience in the design or delivery of highways and infrastructure project delivery, Devon County Council could be a great fit for you.
In our in-house consultancy we design and deliver engineering projects for our internal clients, we manage projects from their inception to delivery on site. This means you’ll get experience in design, project management, site supervision and commercial decision making. If any of those are new to you, we’ll make sure you get the support to play a full part in your projects.
What projects will I be working on?
Our projects span a huge range from the replacement of traffic signals equipment and modifications to existing junctions to town centre enhancements, new cycle trails, recycling centres, urban link roads and flood risk projects. We also undertake much larger projects, the North Devon Link Road improvement project is currently on site (£46m) and the A382 MRN project in Newton Abbot (£44m) is in the design stages.
Who will I be working with?
The Engineering Design Group is a department of almost 100 people, we are Engineers and Technicians who are passionate about delivering high quality infrastructure projects in our community. You will be working in a team of approximately 8 people supported by a Principal Engineer. We are supported by our colleagues across the broader fields of Environnment, Highway & Traffic Management and Planning to name a few. We are proud to have an established partnership with WSP.
What benefits will I get?
You’ll get a competitive salary, plus a range of benefits that include:
- Career progression up to a salary of £44,539 following an established route of necessary qualifications and experience.
- 25 days annual leave increasing to 30 after 5 years’ service
- Training to support your career goals
- Mentor support to gain professional qualifications
- Flexible hours with the ability to accrue up to an additional 24 flex leave days per year
- Time off for bank holidays – typically 9 per year
- A generous pension scheme
Where will I be based?
Hybrid working is available to all, our main offices are in Exeter and Barnstaple, where we spend at least two days a week. Our engineering projects can be based across Devon.
What do I need to apply?
Engineering Technician: Level 4 (HNC) Civil Engineering Qualification
Interview Date: 26th & 27th April.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.