The Engineering Design Group is Devon County Council’s in-house engineering practice delivering highway and bridge related schemes. The Bridge Group has 5 teams covering asset management, design, inspections and capital maintenance. With 35 permanent staff and support from a private sector partner (WSP) the group manages the largest portfolio of local authority bridges in the UK. With an increasing workload we have a vacancy for an enthusiastic Engineer with detailed knowledge and experience of bridge design and / or management. You must have post graduate experience in bridge or structures related work and be working towards membership of the ICE/IStructE at Incorporated or Chartered level.
The successful applicant will work in one of the design teams which undertakes a wide variety of projects from minor retaining walls to large span highway bridges.
For further information or an informal discussion please contact Kevin Dentith - Chief Engineer (Bridges & Structures) on 01392 383000
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationExeterDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupHighways, Transport & Traffic
- Salary Details
£33,486 - £37,568 per annum
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull TimeVariable Hours
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required