Educational Welfare Officer - Connect Academy Trust
- Multiple Locations
- Multiple Terms
- Grade E: £22,169 - £24,295 FTE (depending on contract, skills & experience)
A motivated, determined and skilled EWO is required to work with families and children across our 8 successful primary schools in Plymouth and Torbay.
Preferred start date: 1st September 2023.
Part-time or full time considered.
A brief context of Connect Academy Trust
Connect is an ambitious and growing Trust of 8 large, creative and happy primary schools in Plymouth and Torbay. We educate 3300 children from 2-11 with 450 skilled and flexible staff. Connect is an inclusive and values-based family of schools, formed in 2016. We also operate 3 specialist support centres, integrated into our schools, for children with a delayed language disorder, deafness and autism. We have recently developed the UK’s first Ocean Conservation Curriculum, as we believe it is essential that all children understand the vital importance of the ocean, as an integral part of climate change, sustainability and our future. For more information about our schools, values and structure, please see our website.
Key Requirements & Duties
- To work in partnership with families and other professionals, enabling improved attendance for children
- Knowledge of attendance legislation & up to date with DfE attendance guidance and strategies
- Manage and prioritise caseloads according to children’s and family needs
- Analyse attendance data to inform practice
- Provide regular written reports and agreed action plans to improve school attendance
- Work closely with the pastoral and leadership teams in each school to ensure timely support
- A successful career as an EWO or family support advisor (or equivalent), with high expectations and a proven track record of improving outcomes for children of all abilities
- A good knowledge of SEND and a commitment to inclusive education for children of all abilities and backgrounds
- Liaise with other partners such as Local Authority safeguarding & health teams where appropriate
- A commitment to learn from, share and develop excellent practice across the Trust, to improve children’s life chances and global awareness.
Why join us?
- Work with great children, parents, staff and leaders in a growing, successful and values-based Trust
- Receive a range of training and support as part of our Professional Learning Community
- Competitive, term-time only salary, with a benefits package and travel costs between schools paid.
Connect is fully committed to equal opportunities, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS criminal check and online checks will be used.
Please email email@example.com for a full application pack and to arrange an informal conversation with the CEO, Stuart Bellworthy. The post will be school based, with office space available in Plymouth and Torbay.
Please apply by midday on the closing date.
Interview Date: June.
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationPlymouthTorbayDevon
- Occupational GroupEducation Support
- Salary Details
Grade E: £22,169 - £24,295 FTE (depending on contract, skills & experience)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull TimePart Time
Full time or Part time considered (term time only) 39 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required