Torbay Education Services are seeking additional Educational Psychologists to join the Educational Psychology Service within Torbay.
The postholders will be required to work with a range of providers across the schools and provisions, Post 16 providers and early years settings within Torbay to support children with special educational needs.
The successful applicants will be highly valued members of the service.
We can offer you:
- Soulbury Scale 3-8 with scope for up to an additional three SPAs. Starting salary negotiable;
- Hybrid worker style so that you can work at home or in the office, around visiting schools and settings;
- Generous leave entitlement (42 days);
- Work alongside friendly, supportive, talented psychologists, who are highly regarded;
- Dedicated service time for peer supervision;
- Work/life balance and staff wellbeing;
- Flexibility of working practices;
- A supportive and proactive Senior and experienced EP’s who will oversee and contribute to your induction programme;
- Being part of a broad multi-disciplinary integrated local team, working closely with SEN Officers, Early Years Practitioners and Specialist Teachers;
- Encouragement to develop areas of special interest.
Successful applicants will have a range of generic duties covering assessment/intervention work in a patch of schools. There are also opportunities to contribute to projects, whole-school development work and action research. Torbay is an exciting area to work in as a psychologist.
We are looking for Educational Psychologists who will add to our diverse practice and who want to work creatively in applying psychology to achieve great outcomes for our children and young people.
We are prepared to consider full time and part time applications. We are also interested in receiving applications from those who are due to qualify in September 2023.
If you wish to find out more about these post/s, please contact Paul Williams, Senior Educational Psychologist, on 01803 208261 or 07919 302093.
We are an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice, reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups.
Torbay Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check will be required for this role.
- OrganisationTorbay Council
- Work LocationTorbayDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupSocial Care & Health
- Salary Details
Soulbury Scale A SCP 3-8 £42,811 - £52,440
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull TimePart Time
37 hours per week (part time would also be considered)
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required