Torbay Children’s Services is seeking an additional Educational Psychologist registered with the HCPC to join the Educational Psychology and Advisory Teacher Service within Torbay as soon as possible to cover a 12-month maternity leave 0.6 although we would be flexible around your employment needs.
The post holder will be required to work with schools, Post-16 settings and early years providers within Torbay to support children with special educational needs.
The successful applicant will be a highly valued member of the service. We can offer you:
- Soulbury Scale 3-8
- Generous leave entitlement;
- A friendly and highly valued team.
- Work/life balance and staff wellbeing.
- Flexibility of working practices.
- Being part of a broad multi-disciplinary integrated local team, working closely with SEN Officers, Early Years Practitioners and Specialist Teachers.
- Encouragement to develop areas of special interest.
The successful applicant will have a range of generic duties covering assessment/intervention work in a patch of schools. There are also opportunities to contribute to projects, whole-school development work and action research. Torbay is an exciting area to work in as a psychologist.
We are an inclusive and diverse employer, reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups.
Torbay Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check will be required for this role.
If you would like to discuss this position, don't hesitate to get in touch with Paul Williams, Senior Educational Psychologist on 01803 208261 (leave a message and Paul will return your call) or 07919 302093 work mobile
Interview Date: 8th February 2023.
- OrganisationTorbay Council
- Work LocationTorbayDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupSocial Care & HealthEducation Support
- Salary Details
Grade: Soulbury Scale A, Scp 3-8: £42,811 - £52,440 FTE
- Job TermFixed
- Appointment TypePart Time
22.5 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required