Location: All schools, base at Milton Abbot
Summary of Role:
Dartmoor Multi Academy Trust are looking for a dedicated and passionate Education Welfare Officer who can work innovatively to support pupils and families across all schools to manage and maximise attendance so that no child is absent from school unnecessarily.
The role may require travel to Trust educational settings and offices.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The post holder will work closely with the D INCLUDE core team, school Principals and attendance officers to record and monitor attendance (in line with DfE requirements) and work strategically with other staff, children and families within the Trust to reduce overall and persistent absence.
• Support and embed the Inclusion strategy, holding schools to account in their delivery and aims for attendance.
• Routinely monitor the attendance of vulnerable students and students who are known to be poor attenders.
• Work with other agencies to provide appropriate services for children and young people, including leading on Early Help responses relating to cases of unacceptable absence, making referrals to children's social care, educational psychologists, the careers service etc. where relevant.(With the support of Devon County Council EW Service)
• Support schools to establish and maintain positive and constructive relationships with families/carers who require more help because their child’s attendance is a concern. This could include daily telephone communication, regular meetings, presence at the school gates and home visits.
• Where appropriate, to gather supporting evidence to recommend legal proceedings in cases of irregular school attendance, lead legal meetings and prepare reports and to give evidence in Court.
• When required, prepare reports for the Principals and represent the Trust as required.
All schools in The Dartmoor Multi Academy Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure Barring Service (DBS).
For a full job description please visit Dartmoor Multi Academy Trust - Home (dartmoormat.org.uk)
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationWest DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupSocial Care & HealthEducation Support
- Salary Details
£27,000 - £29,000
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37 hours per week, 40 weeks per year ( includes two weeks outside term time to support with transition activities)
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required