We are looking to recruit an Education Key Worker for North Devon (Taw View) as part of a child, young person and family focussed team.
The ethos of the Education Key Worker service is to achieve positive and lasting improvements and outcomes for children and young people with SEN and additional needs across Devon. Whilst the main focus will be supporting them in their education, the role will have networks across the statutory, voluntary and charity sector to support the family as a whole. Education key Workers will support children, young people and families to re-establish their link with and attend school. The Education Key Worker Service is a non statutory service working in co-production with other services such as schools, health and social care.
We want to attract and retain talented people who share a vision to have an inclusive society where the importance of school attendance is understood and valued.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a new forward looking, developing service committed to working in a strengths based way to ensure that the needs of a child, young person and family are supported to ensure that they make progress back into school and continue their journey of life long learning.
You will need to have good communication skills, a lot of empathy and patience, strong risk assessment skills, and a clear understanding of the challenges young people face about attending school. A driving licence and access to a vehicle is essential.
This opportunity offers a caseload within a geographic area covering a cluster of schools and multidisciplinary working.
For an informal discussion or more information please contact Deborah Edmond (Recruiting Manager) 01392 384751 Deborah.Edmond@devon.gov.uk.
What we can offer you:
- We are committed to your continuous professional development, doing all we can to help you to get the most from your career. You will receive excellent support and supervision, with regular opportunities to discuss and reflect on your practice, both with your line manager and peers.
- We offer 26 days annual leave, plus Bank Holidays, rising incrementally to 31 days after 5 years’ service.
- Flexible working opportunities are available including flexitime and homeworking (this is subject to the needs of the role – please discuss at further at interview).
- Offer an opportunity to enter a generous Local Government Pension Scheme.
- As a place to live and work, Devon is hard to beat with top-performing schools, universities, vibrant cities, pretty villages and some of the most scenic coast and countryside in the UK. Living and working in Devon as an Education Keyworker has never been more attractive.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- This role requires a DBS disclosure.