Fixed Term until 31st March 2025
Internal DCC Employees Only
Devon County Council is seeking a proactive, highly motivated and passionate individual to support the delivery of skills and learning activity taken forward by our Economy, Enterprise and Skills Service. The broad scope of the post is to provide capacity to the Employment and Skills team within the EES service to enable the development and implementation of skills and training programmes, emerging employment initiatives and supporting associated project workstreams. The role will contribute to raising the profile of Devon as a place to live, work, invest, learn and visit.
Digital and Sector Skills, part of the Economy, Enterprise & Skills service area, are a dynamic team delivering skills projects for Devon's emerging or priority sectors. We work collaboratively to enabling social mobility for Devon's residents and support our region's organisations to develop and grow through strategic skills policy implementation. This post contributes to the delivery of a broad range of economic activities and projects, including some externally funded grant programmes for which DCC is the Accountable Body.
The scope of the post includes working in the following areas:
- Undertake responsibilities for mobilizing, implementing, and monitoring projects and programs under the guidance of Economic Development Officers and Senior Economic Development Officers.
- Develop and oversee initiatives to boost priority sectors, leveraging funding opportunities for the County Council.
- Lead and execute assigned communications and marketing activities of relevant projects and programmes taken forward by the Employment and Skills team.
- Work in partnership with colleagues and external partners to coordinate the promotion and delivery of a range of skills, employment and training activities through the use of research and evaluation reports, organisation of events including workshops, conferences and steering groups, maintenance of team websites, targeted social media campaigns and development of content for newsletters and press releases.
- Foster partnerships with businesses and agencies, influencing organizations to align with our priorities and collaborating on joint project development.
- Support the delivery of the Council’s priorities and where applicable, externally funded programmes for which DCC is the accountable body or is a partner.
- Lead on the delivery of agreed economic development activities that include budgets, external grant funding, partners and contractors, facilitating steering groups and delivery panels, chairing meetings, monitoring performance, reporting on progress and evaluating the impact of activities.
- Collaborate with internal colleagues to achieve overall priorities
- Assist Economic Development Officers, occasionally deputizing at meetings.
- Contribute to policy consultations at national, regional, and local levels, conducting research and analysis as needed for plan and strategy development.
For more information or to discuss this opportunity in more detail, please contact Mirela Doana on email@example.com.
Devon County Council has an Agile Working policy to demonstrate commitment to supporting a positive work-life balance for employees and a commitment to be Carbon Neutral by 2030. Agile working is an important element of the strategy for adapting to, and thriving in, the working environment following the coronavirus pandemic.
Internal Applicants, please note: If you are an existing DCC employee, please use your iTrent Employee Self Service (ESS) details to log in and apply.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.