Early Years Worker - Stoke Gabriel Primary School (Link Academy Trust)
- Multiple Locations
- Full Time
- NJC Grade C: £10.98 per hour
The post is temporary and to commence as soon as possible.
The Link Academy Trust are looking to appoint a qualified practitioner to join their Early Years team at Stoke Gabriel Primary and Preschool. You will be part of a proficient team dedicated to working to improve the outcomes for all our children, where your work life balance will be promoted.
We are looking for someone who is not afraid to sing out of tune in front of a crowd of children and is always prepared to laugh at jokes that they may not understand! You should have the ability to rapidly count the heads of many moving children and remember the names of all the pre-schoolers, their families, pets and their third favourite dinosaur as well as be able to read books upside down! We are looking for someone with a warm, smiley face that makes children feel special and in return you must be prepared to feel loved by many children and their families. Dressing up as a princess or a dragon is a regular part of our day, and you should have some idea of the noise a dragon makes. Candidates should have a good knowledge of the 2021 Early Years Framework and be able to execute engaging activities for the children in our setting.
We offer you the support of clear systems, protocols, expectations, and structures to help you to succeed. You will need to show initiative, creativity and demonstrate the aptitude to work as part of a successful and growing team in Early Years to improve the life chances of our pupils and make every child feel ‘special’.
We want you to come and join our happy, positive learning environments where our consistent vision is that through collaboration we will always be ‘Stronger Together’
What we are looking for in a candidate is:
- At least NVQ2, preferably NVQ3 qualification or the equivalent Level 3 diploma in childcare (please see job description below for specific qualification criteria)
- To show initiative, be organised and efficient
- A real commitment to the safety, well-being of our pupils
- An understanding and awareness of the Early Years Framework
- Recognition of our amazing children; nurturing and supporting them, and meeting their needs to ensure they have independent learning behaviours that will see them prepared for their future learning journey.
- A committed approach to the wider school community and engagement with them.
- A cheerful, fresh and creative approach to giving the children in your care the best you can
- To have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work as part of a strong and supportive team
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure and Social Media online check.
To download an application form, please see the school website http://www.stokegabriel.thelink.academy/web/vacancies/395160
Completed applications should be emailed direct to the Trust HR Officer, Sue Howard at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply by noon on the closing date.
Interview Date: to be advised
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationSouth HamsDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation Support
- Salary Details
NJC Grade C: £10.98 per hour
- Job TermTemporary
- Appointment TypeFull Time
5 days per week, 39 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required