Sara’s School are looking for a minimum Level 2 qualified Early Years Practitioner to start with us in September. Experience as a keyworker and writing learning journals desirable but full training can be given to the right applicant.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-established team and work closely with the owner and her team. Sara’s School has an excellent reputation, and we want to maintain the excellent standards that we already have and the close relationship we have with Tedburn St Mary Primary School.
You will be someone who demonstrates a mature attitude and who is experienced and focused on delivering excellent standards of care and early years education with a natural ability to work as part of a small team.
One full time post or the role could be two people to job share.
Hours of work: Tuesdays and Fridays 7.45am to 3.15pm, Wednesdays and Thursdays 7.45am to 5.30pm. There are also hours available during the School Holidays to work in our Holiday Club.
- Level 2 or 3 Qualification in Early Years
- DBS certificate on the update service/clean criminal record
- Ability to demonstrate responsibility and flexibility and use your own initiative
- Paediatric First Aid Certificate
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Level 2 Certificate in Safeguarding
- Knowledge and understanding of online learning journals
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the EYFS
- Knowledge of health and safety legislation, the Ofsted Standards and all other legislative bodies
Additional Essential Requirements:
- You must have a warm smiling face that makes every child feel special
- You must be able to laugh at jokes you don't understand, or you don't find funny!
- You will preferably have a little bit of quirkiness. If a child requests that you be a captain of a pirate ship, you will be the best pirate captain you can be!
- You must feel comfortable telling everybody in the same room as you, that you are going to the toilet!
- The ability to sing in tune is not necessary; however the ability to sing out of tune in front of a crowd is essential
- You must be able to distribute warm hugs as required
- You will possess the skills required to rapidly count the heads of numerous moving small people. This is of the utmost importance
- You must be comfortable entering public places on the way home from work, with unknown substances on your clothing
- You must have a high level of comfort around talking about bodily functions. You must have a strong sense of smell to enable you to respond to said bodily functions
- You can pretend to eat playdough creations realistically and drink numerous cups of pretend tea.
- You must have the ability to read a ten page fairy tale, upside down, with at least 4 interruptions per page
- You must be prepared to have lots of fun in the workplace. Laughter is something you can expect to engage in for a large part of your working day
- Finally, you must be prepared to feel loved, special and important to our many young children and their families.
There is simply no other job quite like this one.
If you think you meet our requirements, please apply by sending a covering letter and your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: No applications will be considered via Private Message.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
- Work LocationTeignbridge
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupChildcare
- Salary Details
Level 3 Qualified - £10.00 per hour + holiday pay (paid monthly in with wages). Level 2 Qualified - £9.75 per hour + holiday pay Wages are reviewed every April
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull TimePart TimeJob Share
One full time post or the role could be two people to job share. Permanent Term Time position from September 2022 but contracts are reviewed annually based on the needs of the setting.
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required