Required for September 2022.
We are a vibrant, forward thinking primary school in the heart of Exeter City Centre, currently in a managed partnership with St Christopher's Church of England Multi Academy Trust. Our values and ethos underpin our operations and we are committed to providing the best possible outcomes for all pupils in our school community. An opportunity has become available for an Early Years Practitioner to work in our thriving Foundation Stage Unit.
You will enjoy working with children who have additional needs on a 1:1 or small group basis, but also work within the classroom with all pupils as required. Duties will involve supporting the teaching and learning of the EYFS Curriculum and also supporting the lunchtime provision.
We are looking for an experienced applicant who will:
- Be enthusiastic about providing a secure, fun and happy experience for children;
- Hold the relevant and essential qualifications for this position, namely NVQ level 3 in Childcare or Early Years, or equivalent;
- Be trained in Safeguarding Level 3, Paediatric First Aid and Food Hygiene training upon commencing employment with the school;
- Have an inclusive and caring approach to working with children in the Foundation Stage age group;
- Support the enabling of an effective provision for any child who attends the setting with additional learning and/or medical needs as required;
- Enjoy working as part of a team;
- Wish to support the caring Christian ethos of the school.
We can offer you:
- A wonderful opportunity to be part of a team and further develop our successful school;
- An opportunity to work with well behaved children who are motivated learners;
- The support of an established team;
- Local Authority pension Contribution;
- A commitment to your continued professional development, through a range of training opportunities;
- Staff discount for any parent/carer who applies for this role and needs to access our Fun Club, subject to spaces being available.
For an informal conversation about this role, please contact Karen Leach, Acting Headteacher, on 01392 255551.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
An application form and job description are available from www.st-sidwells-ce.devon.sch.uk.
Your completed application form should be returned to Rachel Hingston, Business Improvement Manager for St Christopher's Multi Academy Trust, by emailing email@example.com.
Please apply by 9am on the closing date.
Early applications are encouraged as we reserve the right to close the advert early in the event of sufficient applications being received.
- OrganisationDevon County Schools
- Work LocationExeterDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupChildcareEducation Support
- Salary Details
£9.99 - £10.39 per hour
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypePart Time/Term TimePart TimeTerm Time
17.5 hours per week (8.30am - 12pm, Monday - Friday), 39 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required