We have a fantastic opportunity for an Early Years Educator to join our team at Woodside Nursery in Tiverton. Rated good by Ofsted and 9.8 on Day Nurseries.
We are looking for a skilled early years educator who will offer our children high quality inclusive early years education and care. We take great pride in being a friendly, inclusive setting that put children and their families at the heart of our practice and provide excellent promotion and progression opportunities for our staff team.
About the setting:
Woodside Nursery are currently seeking passionate Early Years Educators to join our team. If you are fun, caring, enthusiastic and want to support each child’s unique learning style, Woodside is the place for you! Woodside Nursery offers early years provision for 0–5-year-olds across three rooms with the addition of a sensory room and a well-used garden. We believe in working with the local community to give children the best possible start in life.
Woodside Nursery is committed to staff well-being, all staff are enrolled in our well-being support package Vitality, which offers health checks, free access to the Headspace App and motivational tools to support your physical and mental good health. We offer regular supervision and support team members continuous professional development through our inhouse and external training courses and access to Educare and Moodle, we use each other’s strengths to provide the best outcomes for children.
Hours are negotiable and we are open all year round except a week of closure between Christmas and New Year and 3 staff training days per year.
What we offer:
We are proud to be part of the Early Years Alliance family of early years settings. Founded over 60 years ago, the Alliance is an educational charity dedicated to supporting the delivery of quality early years education and care to children and families,
The Alliance prides itself on being a supportive workplace and offers significant benefits for our team members including:
- Extensive training and career progression planning, including access to our Learning Management System (LMS)
- The Alliance has invested in FAMILY reducing paperwork and giving you more time to focus on the children
- 100% discount on childcare places
- A generous workplace pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays, with additional annual leave for long service
- Birthday leave so you can have a day off for your birthday dedicated to you and your well being
- Enhanced sickness pay and paid bereavement leave
- A Recruitment Referral Payment Scheme, giving you an introductory payment of up to £300 if someone you have referred to the Alliance takes up a role in the charity
- Vitality membership wellness and fitness app – including lots of great health benefits, rewards, telephone and face to face counselling
- Savings of up to 25% on O2 Refresh Airtime Plan on any new phone or tablets
- A dedicated mental health First aider to support your mental well being
As Early Years Educator, you will:
- provide creative and engaging learning opportunities for children
- be a proactive member of the team, providing a safe, stimulating, and inclusive environment
- support the nursery management team to deliver high-quality care and education in line with the setting’s policies and procedures.
Successful applicants for the Early Years Educator position will need a minimum Level 3 or above Early Years Education and Childcare Qualification or equivalent. You will also need proven post-qualification experience of working with children.
You’ll also be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check, if your current certificate is not subscribed to the update service.
For the full of duties and the requirements, please download the job description which accompanies this advert.
Please apply online by visiting the Early Years Alliance website.
For any queries please contact: CSDadmin@eyalliance.org.uk
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.