An exciting opportunity within the Early Years Complex Needs Service has arisen for a Practitioner based in our Exeter/East/Mid Devon locality.
The post will support the wider service in contributing to the Directorate’s objectives of promoting inclusion and raising achievement for vulnerable children aged 0 to 5 using the Portage model and Early Support programme. These posts will be instrumental in expanding the current service to a 52 week provision and in developing relationships with partner agencies to ensure more community based opportunities.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- provide children with the opportunity to express their views in an age appropriate way, to have their opinions considered and to be able to influence the shaping of services
- work in partnership with parents / carers of babies and young children with complex needs in their homes and/or early years settings to support the child’s overall development by implementing Portage Principles
- carry a caseload of children age 0 – 5 with complex additional needs, acting as the child’s lead professional where appropriate
- work in conjunction with parents, carers and multi-agency colleagues to support a child-centred approach to learning. Introduce and model appropriate strategies to support the development of children with a wide range of needs through highly creative and individual approaches to each child as appropriate. Attend planning and review meetings in partnership with the family and other involved professionals
- provide transition support into early years settings and schools where appropriate
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.