Bidwell Brook School, part of the Learn to Live Federation, is a Special School for children and young people aged 3 - 19 with severe, profound and multiple learning disabilities, based in Dartington, South Devon.
We are looking to appoint an Early Help Officer to join our Pupil & Families Support Services team from 1 September 2022. You will be confident, motivated, solution focussed, empathetic and well organised.
Working as an integral part of the Pupil & Families Support Services team, this role is focused on intensive work with individual pupils and their families.
• Lead on Early Help, manage and arrange Early Help meetings for a caseload of families who have been identified as requiring additional support and regular monitoring;
• Identify and assess family needs for additional interventions/specialist expertise;
• Complete Right for Children assessments;
• Complete home visits as part of assessment and intervention;
• Plan, deliver and evaluate group interventions for parents;
• Lead and co-ordinate Team Around Family (TAF) meetings and support.
This is a key role within our Support Services team. You need to have the ability to build supportive relationships with pupils and families. Working closely with our Designated Safeguarding Lead, this role will contribute to the school’s multi agency approach.
You will have experience of working with young people where behaviour and attendance difficulties cause barriers to learning, have knowledge of Early Help, SEND, Right for Children, Team Around Family and safeguarding and child protection. Flexibility and an ability to adapt to changing priorities is essential.
There could be some flexibility with the working days and hours available.
For further information about the role, contact Sarah Bedford, HR Manager, on 01803 864120 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
Visit www.bidwellbrook.devon.sch.uk for a full application pack.
We do not accept CV's.
- OrganisationDevon County Schools
- Work LocationSouth HamsDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation Support
- Salary Details
From £10,088.97 per annum
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypePart TimeTerm Time
18 hours per week (9am - 3.30pm, Monday - Friday), 39 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required