Reception Class Teacher - Oldway Primary School (Riviera Education Trust)
- Multiple Locations
- Full Time
- Main Pay Scale 1
Inspiring the individuals of today, for a better society tomorrow
Oldway is a popular school which serves the local community in Paignton, South Devon. With 684 pupils on roll, we are a large primary school. We have an extensive and experienced workforce, a great deal of expertise and provide a vibrant learning experience for our pupils. Oldway Primary School is part of the Riviera Education Trust which is a multi-academy trust consisting of three local primary schools. We work in collaboration with Roselands Primary School and Shiphay Learning Academy in order to benefit all of the children in the Trust. Working in partnership with other schools helps to strengthen our provision and provide educational excellence so that every pupil has the best possible learning experience and is prepared for future life.
Led by a proactive and dedicated Head, we take pride in helping teachers to grow; enabling collaborative working with colleagues, and a supportive working environment. We would be delighted to welcome a motivated and enthusiastic Reception Class Teacher (ECT) to join our outstanding team, starting in September 2023. We pride ourselves in providing a strong induction and mentoring programme.
We are looking for teachers who:
• Are extremely motivated, enthusiastic and creative in their approach to teaching and learning;
• Are committed to delivering the highest quality teaching and learning and ensuring the best possible outcomes for every child;
• Have high expectations of themselves and the children they work with;
• Are able to create a high-quality, stimulating, interactive and creative learning environment;
• Are able to work effectively within our hard-working, talented and friendly schools;
• Are enthusiastic about the opportunity to work in partnership with team colleagues to plan high quality lessons across the curriculum;
• Are reflective and committed to developing their own practice.
We can offer you:
• Happy, enthusiastic, creative children and colleagues;
• A welcoming, supportive and inclusive school ethos;
• A hard-working, positive team who are dedicated to improving the lives of children and ensuring every child achieves their full potential;
• A commitment to high quality continued professional development;
• Practice informed by evidence-based research CPD for all our staff;
• An opportunity to be part of a collaborative Multi Academy Trust and work alongside a range of outstanding teachers, practitioners and professionals;
• Opportunities to develop your career within our Trust.
Please see the job description for further details regarding this post.
Please note, in line with our Safer Recruitment policy, references will be requested after shortlisting as part of the selection process.
Riviera Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its pupils. As this post meets the requirements in respect of exempted questions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, all applicants who are offered employment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and references before the appointment is confirmed. This will include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions.
The application form can be found at www.rivieratrust.co.uk/vacancies.
Your completed application form should be returned to HR Department, Riviera Education Trust, Oldway Primary School, Higher Polsham Road, Paignton, Devon TQ3 2SY or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please apply by 9am on the closing date.
Interview Date: 12 June 2023
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationTorbayDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupTeaching - Primary & Early Years
- Salary Details
Main Pay Scale 1
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
32.5 hours per week, 52 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required