We are seeking an enthusiastic, flexible and motivated individual to join our team at Pinhoe Primary School and Nursery.
We are looking for an experienced individual, who has a sound knowledge of the Early Years Curriculum and or key stage 1 Curriculum and holds a Level 3 childcare qualification. Experience working in a maintained nursery and/or EYFS/KS1 Class is desirable.
We seek individuals who:
- Can work as part of a team;
- Are passionate about improving outcomes for all children;
- Have experience of working with SEND and vulnerable children;
- Have a good standard of written English, to enable them to write observations and contribute to learning journals;
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the EYFS/KS1 curriculum;
- Knowledge and experience of how to support early reading;
- Are able to build positive relationship with families and value these partnerships;
- A level 3 qualification in childcare is essential, first aid qualification desirable.
Pinhoe Primary School is a large primary school in Exeter, with their own maintained Nursery on site. The Nursery has its own building and comprises two rooms; one for 2-3 year olds and one for 3-4 year olds. There is a qualified teacher within the Nursery. We have two EYFS classes and four key stage 1 classes within the main school building.
Major responsibilities may include:
- Attending to the welfare and personal care of pupils, including those with special education needs;
- Working with small groups or one to one;
- Undertaking general clerical/organisational support for the teacher.
For a conversation about the role, please contact Laura Lean (Early Years Lead) on 01392 467 984 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
Please use the application form attached below.
Your completed application form should be returned to: email@example.com
Please apply by Midday on the closing date.
Interview Date: 27 September 2023.
- OrganisationDevon County Schools
- Work LocationExeterDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation Support
- Salary Details
£10.79 - £10.98 per hour
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypePart TimeTerm Time
32.5 hours per week (Monday - Friday, 08:30 - 15:30, term time only) 38 weeks per annum + 3 non-pupil days
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required