Following our recent exciting and pioneering Emergency Duty Service (EDS) redesign, we are looking for Advanced Children’s Social Workers to join our passionate and dedicated teams to strengthen our service delivery;
We have full and part time working patterns available and work within 3 x shift patterns / rotas per week;
Monday–Sunday: 17:00–01:00 or 17:00–02:30 or 21:30–09:30
Weekend days: 09:00–17:00 or 09:00–18:30
For all EDS roles we offer 20% unsocial hours allowance in addition to your base line salary
Our Emergency Duty Service (EDS) provides key responses to urgent out-of-hours child protection and adult safeguarding concerns and carries out assessments under the Mental Health Act, as well as facilitating support to vulnerable Adults.
Following our new innovative in-house Emergency Duty Service (EDS) re-design, we are really excited to announce that we will be launching a new pioneering model for our out of hours services in Devon County Council. This revised service will be introduced as early as September 2022. It will involve implementing specialist service models for our 3 core EDS services (Adults, Childrens and Mental Health) which will provide an improved, streamlined way of partnership working.
This initiative includes significant new investment and staffing levels to ensure improvements to our EDS. This enables increased positive outcomes for our children, young people and their families / carers, and to vulnerable adults and people experiencing mental health crises going forward.
As a place to live and work, Devon is hard to beat. We want you to grow and develop with us. In recognition of the vital contribution you will make, we offer an attractive package including:
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities through our Social Work Academy, as well as Research in Practice and Community Care Inform membership
- Working within our new Restorative Practice Framework with access to Restorative Coaches to enhance your social work practice - https://www.devon.gov.uk/workingfordevon/work-in/children-and-families/restorative-devon/
- Dedicated support with regular supervision from line management so you can critically reflect on your practice on a regular basis. Group supervisions are also offered, allowing you to learn from your colleagues and grow the strength of your social work practice together.
- Clear career pathway aligned to the BASW Professional Capability Framework (PCF) for Social Workers. Secondments and opportunities are also available to help you progress in your career.
- For all EDS roles we offer 20% unsocial hours allowance in addition to your base line salary
- Paid Professional Re-registration Fees.
- Relocation allowance of up to £8,000 (T&Cs apply).
- Access to our confidential Devon Wellbeing Hub and Employee Assistance Programme to support you to balance the demands of everyday life – available 24/7.
- Flexible working opportunities, including flexi-time and a degree of remote working (subject to the needs of the role - please discuss at interview).
- Hybrid working model to enhance your work/lifestyle balance and promote positive wellbeing
- Excellent Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Links to staff networks and forums such as our Staff Equality Diversity and Inclusion support networks.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Devon Discounts Scheme which offers a variety of great savings.
- You will be a qualified and currently registered experienced Advanced Children’s Social Worker
- You will have strong experience within working in a social care multi-agency setting
- You will be forward-thinking, solution focused approach to your social work practice
- You will have robust thresholds and clear cut decision making skills
- You will have excellent interpersonal skills and effective communication in creating and maintaining positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
If you feel you have all the above and would like to be part of this innovative new approach from the outset, we would love to hear from you, so apply today!
Interviews will be held 30th and 31st August.
If you have any queries about the role or would like an informal discussion, please contact Karen Careford, EDS Service Manager – email@example.com
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupSocial Care & Health
- Salary Details
£38,553 - £42,614 per annum (pending the 2022/23 pay award) + 20% unsocial hours allowance
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37 Hours Per Week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required