Required to start as soon as possible.
Special Partnership Trust - Director of Resources
The Special Partnership Trust is looking for a Director of Resources to act as Chief Financial Officer for the Trust, working with the CEO and Executive Leadership Team to ensure that all aspects of financial management are effective and efficient and to oversee the overall performance of the Trust’s resources. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced leader to join a high achieving, aspirational Trust.
The Trust is interested to hear from individuals who have highly developed technical, professional and legislative knowledge and an understanding of statutory financial requirements and relevant accountabilities in relation to Government and funding bodies. Previous experience of working within a Multi-Academy Trust would be an advantage.
The Trust can be flexible on start date although we are hoping to fill this role as quickly as possible.
The Special Partnership Trust provides young people with the highest quality education, we give them access to the best opportunities available to them and take pride in giving them a sense of self-worth and purpose - built on a foundation of resilience and independence. Are you ready to join us?
About the Special Partnership Trust:
We're a specialist educational trust on a journey to raise the bar and set new standards for Special Educational Needs (SEN) throughout the South West.
We are not afraid to do things differently and we never settle for ordinary. We aspire to be the best in everything that we do. Through collaboration, co-operation, and creativity - underpinned by an ethos built on inclusivity, empowerment, and transparency - we aim to inspire every single young person (as well as their families and our staff) to be the very best versions of themselves they possibly can. We do this through an ambitious, specialist curriculum that goes beyond school life and focuses on living as well as learning. We step outside the comfort zone when it’s needed, we care more than people think is needed or necessary, and we genuinely want to improve the lives and experiences of our learners.
We dare to be different, we have courage in our convictions, and we strive every single day to draw the best out of everything and everyone in our community.
The Special Partnership Trust brings together six good and outstanding special schools, 4 Area Resource Bases, and partner with independent schools across Cornwall, Devon and Torbay. The partnership is committed to developing specialist support for the broader SEN community in both mainstream and alternative specialist provisions, so that there is a more equitable access to high quality specialist support, irrespective of location.
At the Special Partnership Trust, we go beyond what’s expected in everything we do. We give our staff the autonomy to make a real, tangible difference to the lives of our learners. By empowering all pupils, parents, and staff we strengthen our community and lay the foundations to fully prepare young people to be successful, achieving, fulfilled adults.
Is for a world where every single young person has access to the best education they need - delivered in the best possible environment - so they can thrive, succeed, and flourish no matter what circumstances they face.
Is to be a force for good in SEN and make a positive difference in people’s lives. We challenge conventions, we pioneer excellence, and we work tirelessly every single day to create better tomorrows for our young people and their families.
Is to prepare young people for the next step, whatever that step may be, through innovation, excitement, and opportunity. Our commitment to them is to give them the education and skills they need to lead rich, active, and fulfilling lives beyond school all while being in a space where they feel safe, supported, and happy.
If you share this determination and ambition, this position offers an outstanding opportunity in a forward thinking and outward looking organisation.
Our Total Reward Offer:
The Special Partnership Trust recognises the importance of developing a properly implemented People Strategy to underpin the overall strategic aims of the Trust.
Our People Strategy is designed to help us attract prospective high calibre candidates, as well as drive engagement, productivity and retention of our high performing and high potential employees. It reflects our belief in putting our people first. This does not mean putting our learners second. It is based on the philosophy that if we create a positive and rewarding work environment, if our staff feel motivated, well managed and well supported, they in turn will provide the best possible outcome for our learners.
We recognise that our total reward offer, has got to consist of more than just money. We seek to provide our staff with a diverse range of benefits that support their day to day needs both at work and outside of work. These include generous leave entitlements and pension scheme as well as access to health/wellbeing tools, training & development, career pathways and opportunities to ensure they feel valued.
As well as your salary, other benefits that form part of your total reward package include:
- 37 days paid holiday (incl. bank holidays) for Support Staff, from start of employment with the Trust
- Teachers Pension and LGPS Pension Schemes with generous Employer contributions and Death in Service benefits
- Access to ‘Extra Special’, the Trust’s employee reward portal. The portal provides access to all our employee benefits including hundreds of retailer discounts and cash back offers. Staff also have access to SmartTech enabling them to purchase electrical items up to a maximum limit and spread the cost over 12 months via nett pay deductions
- Simply Health Optimise Health Plan – supporting our employees, and their families with health care costs and also includes access to counselling services, health checks and other tools via a myWellbeing App
- Employees Assistance Programme, designed to help staff deal with personal and professional problems that could be affecting their wellbeing
- Occupational Health support from Medigold Health Protect and access to Thrive, a clinically led NHS approved mental wellbeing App
- Eye Test Reimbursements via Pay and Claim or Vouchers for Specsavers.
- Cycle 2 Work Scheme via salary sacrifice
- Long Service Vouchers - after 10 and 20 years’ service.
- Discounts on new O2 phone contracts
- Discounted gym memberships with Better Leisure
- Learning & Development/CPD opportunities. The Trust is committed to developing staff and providing access to quality assured training to enable individuals to reach their full potential. Staff are supported to identify their own career progression pathways to achieve their goals and aspirations
- Apprenticeship Opportunities
For further information, click here to visit the Special Partnership Trust website.
Informal conversations are welcomed. If you would like to discuss the role in confidence prior to applying, please call Guy Chappell, CEO, on 07807 495402.
Please visit the Special Partnership website, https://www.specialpartnership.org/ for further information about our Trust and an application pack. Completed applications should be returned to Diane Jones, email@example.com no later than Sunday 3rd March 2024.
Short listing: Wednesday 6th March 2024.
Interview Date: Friday 15th March 2024.
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationDevonCornwall
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupSchool Leadership
- Salary Details
£65,000 - £75,000 FTE depending on experience
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
3 days per week, 52 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required