Cosmic is an award winning social enterprise, specialising in tackling the issue of Digital Exclusion. We are recruiting for a number of Digital Skills Trainers to help us support unemployed people back to work.
Contract length: up to 3 years (subject to funding).
These jobs will play a key role in contributing to the UK’s economic recovery. The Restart project is a cornerstone of the Governments' "plan for Jobs" strategy and the expansion to the existing Work and Health Programme.
The role will be supporting individuals who have been in long-term unemployment or those affected because of the devastating economic impact of Covid-19.
We will address the barriers to gaining new employment with specialised digital skills training, contributing to an individuals' journey to achieve and sustain good employment. You will provide skills training and motivational support to build positive relationships, guide, inspire, challenge, encourage and help individuals as they pass through the programme.
The role will deliver a wide range of digital training, workshops, courses and programmes in groups and one-to-one sessions aimed at developing motivation and support for our Restart clients who are seeking a new role or employment for the first time. You will motivate customers to make the transition to employment and provide them with the relevant skills for work alongside our partners in the wider Restart South West delivery area. You will be involved in preparing training materials, creating content, delivering training, reporting, monitoring and evaluating sessions delivered.
These roles will have a central hub-location, but will also require travel around the associated county, so access to personal transport is essential.
Applicants must identify which one of these locations/hubs they are applying for:
• Torbay/South Devon
• St Austell, Cornwall
Key Result Areas:
• To deliver digital training programmes of learning and 1-to-1 consultations and support, online and at a variety of venues and locations within your identified geographic area.
• To work effectively with the Restart Employability Advisers to ensure smooth onboarding to the digital support and alignment with other aspects of the wider Restart programme.
• To motivate, train and mentor customers throughout their digital learning with a focus on high quality customer experience.
• To provide administrative support, particularly in compiling and analysis of records and evaluation of learning experience.
Major Duties: Facilitate high quality and engaging sessions to clients which positively develops their self-confidence and builds digital skills
• Deliver high impact digital tutoring solutions to meet a range of participant needs (including, Skills Assessments; How to sessions; Making the most of, and other relevant activities)
• Selecting appropriate facilitation methods or activities, design and develop tailored sessions which meet customer requirements
• Accountable for meeting targets, which will include delivering an agreed number of tutoring sessions per week / month and supporting an agreed number of participants to achieve a good level of digital competency
• Meet personal performance targets and all Quality and Compliance measures
• Promote and publicise courses ensuring Employability Advisers have the appropriate knowledge and understanding to attract and book participants onto training courses
Further detail is provided in the full Job Description.
The ideal candidates:
• Need to be strong communicators with a natural ability at training and mentoring.
• Confident dealing with a range of personality types.
• Self-motivated, organised and efficient.
• Have experience of training, teaching or education more widely
• A minimum of one year’s experience in a training/education/teaching role and with digital skills as the main focus. (Essential)
• A minimum of one year’s experience working to support unemployed individuals in learning and development activities. (Desirable)
• Experience of deploying motivational strategy to develop individuals. (Essential)
• Experience of delivering and developing training programmes both face-to-face and remotely, using a range of digital technologies (Essential)
Further detail is provided on our website: www.cosmic.org.uk/vacancies
To find out more or arrange an informal discussion about these roles please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, please email a Cover Letter and CV - telling us about your skills, experience and interest in the role and how you meet the criteria – to Cosmic Recruitment email@example.com by 12 noon on the closing date.
Please note: we reserve the right to close the application window early if the right candidates are found before the closing date.
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationSouth WestTorbayDevonOutside Devon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupITDigital MarketingEducation SupportTeaching – Further & Higher EducationDigital Transformation
- Salary Details
£24,842 - £27,246 per year, depending on experience
- Job TermFixed
- Appointment TypeFull Time
40 hours per week (including lunchbreaks)
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required