Fixed term for 12 months
Internal Only (DCC Employees only)
This exciting position will undertake a variety of tasks to provides a frontline point of enquiry for businesses seeking digital business support and to connect businesses with relevant schemes, guides, tools and other support provision. The broad ranging role includes bringing together digital support related information and resources to provide a knowledge hub for digital support.
The role is a key part of a small and friendly project team that is funded to help businesses to access digital advice and support. The job is largely desk-based (home / office) with occasional event attendance, dealing with enquiries from businesses across Devon, Somerset, Plymouth and Torbay. The aim of the digital support project being to help businesses grow through enhanced understanding and exploitation of digital technologies. You can read more about our digital support service here - Digital Link - Heart of sw growthhub
As the successful candidate you will ideally have a good level of knowledge and interest in digital technologies and channels such as websites and social media, preferably in a business setting. Some prior knowledge of funded programmes and schemes to encourage digital adoption amongst businesses would be helpful.
We are looking for applicants that ideally have:
- A general understanding of business lifecycles and stages of development
- Excellent communications skills, the ability to actively listen, influence and negotiate and communication with people at all levels.
- Experience of handling and processing enquires (via telephone, email, online and face to face)
- Excellent IT skills with experience of using CRM’s and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to travel across the Heart of the South West.
There will be the opportunity to develop and take on responsibility from the outset, requiring the adaption, flexibility and willingness to embrace a forward thinking and dynamic team environment.
Flexible and home working is possible but there will be an expectation to travel so a driving licence is essential.
To find out more about this role or to arrange a discussion, please email David.Hynd@devon.gov.uk.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working - The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.