Fixed Term 18 Months with the possibility of extension subject to funding
This exciting position will undertake a variety of tasks to provides a frontline point of enquiry for businesses seeking digital business support and to connect businesses with relevant schemes, guides, tools and other support provision. The broad ranging role includes bringing together digital support related information and resources to provide a knowledge hub for digital support.
The role is a key part of a Digital Business Utilisation project that increases the digital advice available to small and medium-sized enterprises across the Heart of the South West area of Devon, Somerset, Plymouth and Torbay. The aim being to help businesses grow through enhanced understanding and exploitation of digital technologies.
As the successful candidate you will ideally have a good level of knowledge and interest in digital technologies and channels such as websites and social media, preferably in a business setting. Some prior knowledge of funded programmes and schemes to encourage digital adoption amongst businesses would be helpful.
We are looking for applicants that ideally have:
- An understanding of SME business lifecycles and stages of development
- Excellent communications skills, the ability to actively listen, influence and negotiate and communication with people at all levels.
- Experience of handling and processing enquires (via telephone, email, online and face to face)
- Excellent IT skills with experience of using CRM’s and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to travel across the Heart of the South West.
There will be the opportunity to develop and take on responsibility from the outset, requiring the adaption, flexibility and willingness to embrace a forward thinking and dynamic team environment.
Devon County Council has an Agile Working policy to demonstrate commitment to supporting a positive work-life balance for employees and a commitment to be Carbon Neutral by 2030. Agile working is an important element of the strategy for adapting to, and thriving in, the working environment following the coronavirus pandemic.
If you have any questions about this role please do not hesitate to contact David Hynd on 07866 882107 or David.Hynd@devon.gov.uk for an informal discussion.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationExeterPlymouthSomersetTorbayDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupProject & Programme Management
- Salary Details
£24,432 - £27,514 per annum (pending the 2022/23 pay award)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required