The role of Devon Resilience Innovation Project (DRIP) Project Officer (flood risks) provides an exciting opportunity to be part of a partnership project which is driving innovation in improving communities flood resilience and delivering climate adaptation in Devon.
You will be part of the Flood & Coastal Risk Management team at Devon County Council and will be working closely with team colleagues and other project partners.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with an interest in flood resilience, nature based solutions and climate mitigation & adaptation. Experience of flood risks management, flood resilience and natural flood management is not required but experience in working with partner organisations, delivering land based projects and engaging with communities and landowners is essential.
Although the job advert is for a full time position, we are happy to consider part time applicants. The post's working style is classed as 'agile' allowing work to be undertaken in different locations. There is an element of office working to engage with the team and colleagues once a week/fortnightly and there is a requirement to attend site visits and occasional evening meetings.
For more information about the post please contact: Dorothee.email@example.com or Martin.firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationExeterDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEnvironment, Conservation & Waste
- Salary Details
£29,174 - £32,798 (pending the 2022/23 pay award)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required