CAN YOU BE SOMEONE’S HERO!
We are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Residential Team Leader to join our highly dedicated and welcoming team at Welland Children’s Home in Barnstaple. We work on a 3 shift per 24 hours basis 07.00am to 14.45, 14.30 to 22.00, Sleeps from 22.00 to 7.00am and our homes are open 365 days a year. We offer a competitive salary from £24,432 To: £27,514 per annum and in addition offer:
- Enhanced payments for anti-social hours after 20.00pm of 30%
- Enhanced payments for weekends time and half on Saturday and double time on Sundays.
- Payment for Sleep ins @ £37 per night
Do you want a challenging and rewarding career with real opportunities to positively impact on the lives of the children and young people who access our Homes. If you are dynamic, adaptable, resilient, dedicated and enthusiastic our children would really benefit from your support.
Our Children’s Homes are registered with Ofsted and provide support for children and young people with disabilities, in line with their individual needs and care plans. The ethos of the service is to provide children with a home from home experience and to enhance and promote their life experiences and independence skills.
As a Residential Team Leader, you will lead shifts, including the planning of activities and the allocation of staff. You will provide supervision for staff at Residential Support Worker level. You will have regular contact with parents, carers and professional agencies and will be asked at times to provide reports or attend meetings regarding the children and young people in our care.
Your role will also include supporting children and young people in the following areas:
- Supporting to achieve their personal wishes and goals
- Being aspirational to the outcomes of children
- Creating a fun and positive atmosphere
- Organising and taking part in activities
- Being proactive and innovative to seek new methods to engage
Personal qualities that we would seek:
- Ability to engage and build positive relationships with children and young people
- Remaining calm in challenging situations
- Able to implement boundaries
- Ability to be part of a team
- Able to adapt and respond quickly
- Empathy, emotional resilience and self awareness
As the home is part of Devon County Council, you also benefit from our generous annual leave and other holiday entitlements, entry into the Local Government Pension Scheme, eligibility for enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption and sick pay, comprehensive funded training opportunities tailored to develop you as an individual and an annual review of pay in line with DCC policies.
Staff are supported through monthly one-to-one sessions; all staff have access to the Employee Assist programme which provides wellbeing support.
We offer a robust induction and shadowing process for all new staff as well as excellent training and development opportunities. As a service we conduct an annual review for succession planning across our staff and have a positive track record in supporting individuals to succeed in their career.
Working within the Children’s Homes is one of the most rewarding career choices you will make. Our work can be emotionally and physically demanding but if you have the drive, dedication, resilience, and passion then you will enjoy an exciting and rewarding career with us.
Make today, the day you take the first step in your forever career!
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- This role requires a DBS disclosure.
Please see the job description for full info about this position or contact Louise Davey for an informal discussion on 01271 345692 or via email: email@example.com