Design and Technology Technician/Teaching Assistant - Plympton Academy (Thinking Schools Trust)
- Multiple Locations
- Multiple Terms
- Pay Group 3 Pro rata to £20,042 - £23,713 (£22,818 - £26,997 FTE)
Required to start as soon as possible.
Plympton Academy is looking for a Design & Technology Technician to support our thriving department; You will primarily be responsible for assisting and supporting the Design & Technology department with technical support to deliver the curriculum to students, including advising on health and safety and risk assessment.
You will assist with the preparation of materials and equipment: Preparing lessons and co-curricular activities, including ordering materials, preparing materials, photocopying materials. You will be working to support and implement systems, procedures and policies including maintenance of specialist resources and long term design & engineering projects. As well as controlling stock levels and ordering any further supplies when needed, you will also ensure routine and non-routine checking, cleaning, maintenance and keep the workshop areas clean, ensuring surfaces, cupboards are regularly disinfected.
At Plympton Academy we believe in inspiring a culture of success for all, including our staff. We have a strong culture of staff development and support - high quality CPD, based on research and evidenced best practice, which is prioritised and supported through a tailored coaching programme.
We work collaboratively with the best schools locally and nationally so that all teachers continue to thrive and engage in the latest teaching developments and practice. We prioritise good behaviour and strong pastoral support so that learning is disruption-free, teachers can teach and students’ can focus. As a result, we are incredibly proud of our students and staff who love the challenge of learning, are equipped to achieve their dreams and take pride in their success.
What you will need to succeed:
• For a full list of roles and responsibilities please see the attached job description
• Experience of working in an education environment and with young people
• Knowledge of using and handling equipment within a Technology department
• An understanding of the importance of Health & Safety
• Experience of using Microsoft packages and databases
• You will be educated with a minimum requirement of 5 GCSE's (or equivalent) including English and Mathematics
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a family of schools consisting of both primary and secondary schools across Kent, Hampshire and Plymouth.
We believe that every young person in our community deserves to have the best opportunities at life regardless of their individual circumstances.
Education is the key to transforming life chances and we support and develop every member of our community to:
• Think about their Thinking
• Be their Best self
• Shape their Success
In this way we transform life chances
Click Here To view our Trust video to gain an insight into The Thinking Schools Academy Trust
What our Trust will offer you:
• The opportunity to work with happy and well-behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
• Vast support network from senior leaders and other colleagues within the school and our Trust
• An excellent Local Government pension scheme
• As a Trust we aim to foster a culture of appreciation with our fantastic Colleague recognition scheme
• Health and Wellbeing benefits including access to Thinking You - A 24/7 employee assistance programme for legal, financial, emergency health or lifestyle support
• Support staff have access to 'Discount for Teachers' with a huge range of money saving deals and vouchers
• A 'Refer a Friend' incentive scheme
What you need to do now:
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. As per KCSIE we will also undertake online searches for all shortlisted candidates, if you have any questions regarding this process please email email@example.com
If you are interested in working at our school, benefitting from a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today!
We strongly encourage any applicants who may be interested in working at our school to contact Tracey Overton on Tracey.Overton@plymptonacademy.tsat.uk to arrange an informal conversation about the role with our hiring manager.
For further information and to apply please visit Job Vacancies, TSAT Trust (tsatrust.org.uk)
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
Interview Date: To be confirmed
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationPlymouthDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation Support
- Salary Details
Pay Group 3 Pro rata to £20,042 - £23,713 (£22,818 - £26,997 FTE)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull TimeTerm Time
37 hours per week, 39 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required