Support, nurture, inspire, empower.
On Track Education Services is a not-for-profit company established by a team of teachers in 2004. The company now operates seven independent special schools and additional support services around the country for young people with a range of diverse special educational needs. Students have their places funded by their local authorities or schools.
On Track Education Barnstaple opened in September 2015 and now occupies three sites in Barnstaple and Bideford. One is situated on the Whiddon Valley Industrial Estate and is designed for use by students who are on the autistic spectrum and students who live with high levels of anxiety or who need a low-stimulation, highly private environment. Our site on the Roundswell estate allows us to cater for students who are still developing their learning skills and who need high levels of flexibility, behavioural support and appropriate social interaction inputs. Our new site in Northam has given us space for experiential learning and the delivery of Thrive and therapy sessions. Our sites have easy access to the towns and to lots of businesses for work experience and social skill development opportunities.
We provide education for students with a range of SEND including self-esteem, mental health, ASC, genetic/hormonal conditions and emotional needs. The students, who all have EHCPs, each follow a personalised, individual curriculum ranging from Early Years provision to GCSE and Vocational Qualifications. It was described in the latest Ofsted report as a 'good environment in which to learn' having 'effective tracking of pupils' academic progress', where 'pupils are safe and feel safe' and attendance is 'particularly strong'. The school provides full-time education for the students on roll as well as outreach, intervention and tuition services for other schools in the area.
The successful candidate will be required to work between sites and at other outreach locations in the North Devon area therefore you must have access to a vehicle with insurance for business use.
• To be the lead practitioner for supporting our students with a PDA profile across the school.
• To assist in managing the provision for pupils identified as having Special Educational Needs (SEN); including promoting high quality teaching, effective use of resources, and high standards of learning and achievement for all pupils.
• To work alongside the SENCo in establishing best practice for inclusion across the whole school.
• To develop relationships with parents, LA and multi-agencies that positively support SEN students and the role of the SENCo.
• Qualified Teacher
• Interest in and understanding of the SEN Code of Practice
• A passion to deliver appropriate and positive interventions to improve outcomes for young people
Why work for On Track?
• Our holistic approach to education with a focus on emotional and social development
• The opportunity to make a positive difference to the lives of children who can be educationally overlooked
• To work as part of a dedicated and supportive team
On Track Education Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Robust safeguarding checks will be undertaken before the appointment is confirmed including a full Disclosure And Barring Service check.
On Track places safeguarding at the heart of all that it does and all staff are expected to be mindful of safeguarding and child protection issues in relation to all pupils
This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020 therefore certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do not need to be disclosed, and if they are disclosed, we cannot take them into account.
We are an Equal Opportunities organisation, totally Committed 2 Equality.
For further information and an application form please email email@example.com.
On enquiry you will be sent an application form to complete. Completed application forms to be received by 5pm, 30th June 2022.
Interview Date: w/c 4th July 2022.
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationNorth DevonTorridge
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupTeaching - SecondaryTeaching - Special & Other
- Salary Details
£27,510 - £36,300 per annum dependent on qualifications and experience
- Job TermFixed
- Appointment TypeFull Time
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required