Deputy Manager - Little Ducklings Nursery Devon Ltd
- East Devon
- Full Time
- £11 per hour
Little Ducklings require a Deputy Manager.
You will have proven ability to lead action planning sessions and the ability to take key decisions independently.
- Considerable, proven experience of working within an early years and childcare setting
- Experience of working with the Early Years Foundation Stage and other relevant learning programmes/strategies e.g. contributing towards individual education plans
- Knowledge of child development and learning processes with reference to particular barriers to learning
- Experience of working as part of a team
- Experience of working with other agencies and professionals
- Experience of having kept written records of children’s achievements including observations
- Experience of supervising placements
- Ability to promote and market the service to the wider community
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with colleagues, parents, carers and children o Good organisational, record keeping, planning skills
- Ability to work independently using own initiative.
- Understanding and recognition of the principles of equality and diversity
- Ability to action plan and respond to local and national initiatives
- Ability to set ethos and vision for the setting and ensure all personnel adhere to it
- Ability to ensure the learning and care environment is accessible for all children and parents
- Plan and lead the maintenance and upkeep of resources in the setting
- Knowledge and understanding of the type of external
- Ability to self-evaluate learning needs and actively seek learning opportunities
- Ability to plan effective learning and care programmes
- Ability to lead the effective planning of learning support that is available to support children’s development and how to access these services.
- Ability to relate well to children and adults including other professionals/carers/parents
- Ability to set, demonstrate and promote good practice in line with the ethos of the setting, both indoors and outdoors
- Consistent approach with children and parents
- Ability to interact with children and support their involvement in physical activities and outdoor play
- Enthusiasm for learning and working with children
- Able to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Reflective approach and commitment to personal development
- Able to provide consistently high levels of quality care and education opportunities to all children
- Caring, friendly, approachable, open, inclusive, welcoming
The successful applicant must hold a DfE early years and childcare qualification at minimum level 3 and will have at least one year of experience of working in early years or similar role.
To request an application form please contact Donna May by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
Interview Date: Monday 27th March 2023