Devon Audit Partnership is a shared service providing professional internal audit, risk management and counter fraud services to a number of local authorities and other not-for-profit organisations in the Devon area and beyond. In this crucial role, you support the Head of Partnership in leading and taking forward the Partnership. You will ensure that our services are delivered effectively and efficiently across all our partners and clients, and help with the further development of our products and our client base.
We require a successful and motivated assurance professional who can effectively manage and deliver an effective internal audit, risk management and counter fraud service to a range of demanding clients.
You will have proven experience of working with clients at all levels of their organisation, including at senior executive level, in a supportive manner, making a real difference. Our service culture is based on delivering quality and customer focussed service; you will be well supported, will have a 'can do' ethos and will have the freedom to operate. In return we will expect a confident and focussed individual who is able to bring enthusiasm and solutions in an environment with an increased pace of change, complexity and risk.
Ideally you will be professionally qualified in a relevant discipline, you will help lead, drive forward, grow and champion the Partnership using your extensive relevant experience. You will have an understanding of local government and financial issues, and will have the skills to manage and motivate the team to deliver consistently high levels of service.
The benefits offered include local government pension, excellent work life balance inc. flexitime, home/remote working through hosted systems, training & development opportunities and generous annual leave.
For more information or to discuss this opportunity in more detail, please contact Tony Rose, Tel: 01392 385488
Closing date: 07 Aug 2022
Interview date: 10th August 2022
To apply online, please visit www.devonjobs.gov.uk If you have no internet access then contact the First Stop Desk on 01392 383034.
Find out more: The Role, Job description and Person Spec. & DAP https://www.devonaudit.gov.uk
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.