South Molton Community College has an excellent team of dedicated and talented staff. The school is growing in popularity and this growth is likely to continue. We also believe passionately in providing a well-rounded education to our students both in and out of the classroom and are committed to supporting our staff.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, committed and hardworking Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead (DDSL) to work in partnership with the Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL), Pastoral and Inclusion Teams, you will lead on safeguarding and Early Help cases and deputise for the DSL when necessary. Working with the DSL and key stakeholders, you will support the learning, progress and care of our students and helping them to achieve and develop as young people.
This is an exciting opportunity where you will be able to develop your skills and experience to positively enhance the safety, learning and life chances of students. Therefore, the person we are seeking must be:
- Have knowledge and understanding of Child Protection and safeguarding policies, procedures and systems;
- Have knowledge and understanding of Keeping Children Safe in Education;
- Have substantial experience of working in a pastoral role;
- Be able to communicate effectively and provide support to children and young people exhibiting challenging and behavioural difficulties;
- A driven and effective team player who will work well as part of a wider team focusing on inclusion;
- An individual who has high levels of integrity, courage and a commitment to collaboration and school; policy, aims and objectives;
- A 'people person' who can cultivate effective working relationships with colleagues, parents and families, sometimes delivering tough messages with care and sensitivity;
- Someone passionate about making a difference to children's lives.
For an informal discussion, please contact Mr Simon Walker, Business Manager, on 01769 572129 or e-mail: email@example.com
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
Online searches may be done as part of pre-recruitment checks.
To apply, please send your completed application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for receipt of applications is 9.30 am on Monday 11th December 2023.
- OrganisationDevon County Schools
- Work LocationNorth DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation Support
- Salary Details
£14.66 - £16.26 per hour
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull TimeTerm Time
37 hours per week (term time only) 38 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required