Outstanding Exeter College is looking for a Deputy Compliance Lead and Governance Officer to provide administrative support and technical expertise to the College’s data protection and compliance services. The role will deputise for the Data Protection Officer and the Head of Governance providing wide ranging advice across the College, as well as maintaining statutory documentation and policies and supporting compliance with relevant legislation and codes of practice.
This is a varied and challenging role offering you the opportunity to make a real difference to these vital areas of the College’s business and the successful candidate will have a positive ‘can-do’ attitude and the ability to work autonomously.
In return, the college offers great opportunities for professional development and further training, as well as:
• Holiday entitlement of 28 days per year, plus bank holidays, plus Christmas closure period (which has been 2 weeks in recent years);
• Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS), a career average scheme, with 14.6% employer contribution;
• Cycle to work scheme;
• Discounts and benefits platform, offering savings at several major retailers, restaurants, cinema, holidays etc;
• Smartphone and Technology benefits scheme;
• Financial wellbeing scheme, including affordable loans;
• Season ticket travel scheme;
• Concessions on adult learning courses;
• Wellbeing support and activities, including Employee Assistance Programme, Unmind (platform/app to support mental health).
If this sounds exciting and challenging to you, apply today.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced disclosure by the DBS.
Exeter College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Exeter College is committed to promoting equality of opportunity and access for all, irrespective of age, background, race, gender, religion, ability, disability or sexuality. We welcome applications for employment from the whole community.
To apply for this role, please visit https://vacancies.exe-coll.ac.uk/index.php.
We do not accept CVs; no agencies please.
Interviews will be held in Exeter.
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationExeterDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupAdministrative, Secretarial & Office Support
- Salary Details
£24,936 - £29,462 FTE (£19,948.8 - £23,569.6 actual salary) plus excellent benefits
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypePart Time
29.6 hours per week, 0.8 FTE (full time considered for an exceptional candidate)
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required