Westbank is an award-winning registered charity established in 1986 and based in Devon. The organisation was originally set up to provide practical and emotional support to people in the villages along the west bank of the River Exe and has now expanded, offering a great variety of services to communities and individuals across Devon.
To find out more about our amazing charity, please visit our website www.westbank.org.uk
About the role:
We are looking to recruit an experienced, driven and determined Deputy Childcare Manager, seeking a role working with children providing stimulating activities and a high standard of care to help aid their development.
Are you passionate about working with children, providing exciting play opportunities and contributing to their growth and development?
If you are, then we have the perfect opportunity for you to join an award-winning charity as part of our Kidzone Team! Bring your dreams to life and make a difference – apply today!
Our Westbank Kidzone Team prides itself on offering Ofsted registered high-quality childcare in a fun, safe and secure environment, delivered by our qualified and committed staff. The Kidzone team deliver day-to-day activities at our After School, Holiday Club and Play Group services. There will also be an opportunity for you to be a part of our new Pre-School provision, assisting young children to begin their learning and start developing their skills.
As the Deputy Childcare Manager:
- you will deputise in the absence of the Childcare Manager by leading After School and Holiday Club sessions
- you will act as the Designated Safeguarding Lead in the absence of the Childcare Manager
- you will oversee a successful, high-quality childcare provision, ensuring that Ofsted standards are being met and maintained, with all children in our care receiving an outstanding level of care
- you will provide full care for the children; collecting children from school and provision of snacks/refreshments, providing play opportunities and extend learning through play
- you will carry out administration tasks, such as responding to emails, answering phone calls and working with spreadsheets to take and manage bookings.
What we offer:
- An excellent rate of pay and hours to help you achieve a better work-life balance
- A generous allowance of 25 days of annual leave (pro rata) a year plus bank holidays
- Company Sick Pay following successful completion of probationary period
- Access to a 24/7 confidential advice line for staff including advice on everyday matters, debt and financial advice, legal and tax advice as well as family care advice
- Inclusion in a friendly and professional team who prides itself in supporting the needs of unpaid carers around Devon
- Discounts for our on-site Kidzone (After School & Holiday Clubs)
- Access to a well-equipped gym with parking available on site
- Cycle to work scheme.
We will be shortlisting on the following criteria, so please refer as to how you meet these in your covering letter or application form:
- Childcare qualification, or NVQ in Playwork (Level 3) or above
- Enthusiasm for giving the highest quality care and education opportunities
- Experience of teaching in a pre-school setting
- Level 2 Safeguarding Awareness Training (training will be offered)
- Health and Safety, Food Hygiene in the workplace and Paediatric First Aid Certificates
- Previous experience of caring for, or working with, children aged 3-12 in a voluntary or paid capacity
- An understanding of the Play Work Principles and Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with colleagues, parents, carers and children.
How to apply:
To help us better evaluate your suitability for the role, please submit an up-to-date CV, with a covering letter outlining how you meet the shortlisting criteria, please email to: email@example.com
You can view the job description by visiting our website: Deputy Childcare Manager | Westbank
Our charity is committed to supporting inclusion and diversity in everything we do so we encourage all candidates who meet the requirements to submit their application.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.
- Work LocationExeter
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupChildcare
- Salary Details
£11 per hour / £17,160 pro rata (based on 30 hours per week)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypePart Time
Ideally 30 hours per week but can be flexible for the right candidate
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required