Job Purpose including main duties and responsibilities:
This is an administrative role that requires the applicant to have a good understanding of the importance performance data and reporting. You will be responsible for completing data tidy activity for the Children’s Social Work Teams and our Regional Adoption Agency. You will work closely with the Management Information Team, who generate the data errors and follow the guidance given to correct these yourself or communicate changes needed back to service.
You become accustomed to reading reporting from several different sources, including the Annex A, Stat Returns, Power Bi and Excel spreadsheets. You will learn how these different reporting sources intertwine and note anomalies between them and high light these so they can be investigated.
You will not be responsible for finding the cause of data errors but understanding this process will be part of your role.
You will be expected to explain work you have completed and evidence via an audit trail any changes to the system you make as part of your work.
You will support the service at time of Ofsted and DfE stat returns and work closely with the team manager to ensure you are aware of system change and impact this has on recording and reporting requirements, so you can work effectively with service and the management information team.
Helping to recognising patterns of practice that may be of a worry and contributing to the preparation of user guides to support the service to understand where they are making recording errors and how to address these.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Working closely with the Management Information Team to fix reporting errors in the Annex A and all statutory reporting.
Provide business support to the Team Manager to enable the identification and application of:
- Datta tidy/correction for all identified issues requiring validation
- Audits on specific areas where there are concerns to determine the best method of addressing such concerns
- Baseline audits and user satisfaction surveys
- Working closely with the Team Manager to support service at times of Stat Returns and Ofsted involvement.
- Supporting your colleagues in the administration of the three Case Management Systems used by the Service, Eclipse, Adopt South West Eclipse and MASH CMS.
- Working with the wider team to maintain and effect positive change to the Case Management Systems used.
- Support the Case Management Systems manager to ensure effective communication with service around common issues that can be addressed through basic guidance and training.
This post will be managed by the Case Management System Manager.
This document outlines the duties for the time being to indicate the level of responsibility. It is not a comprehensive or exclusive list and the duties may be varied from time to time which do not change the general character to the job, or the level of responsibility entailed.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- This role requires a DBS disclosure.
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupAdministrative, Secretarial & Office Support
- Salary Details
£20,444 - £22,571 per annum
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required