An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Devon County Council as a Data Protection Officer. This post has a key role in delivering a wide range of data protection services to subscribing organisations including maintained schools, Academies, Federations, Multi Academy Trusts and other organisations throughout Devon, Torbay, Plymouth and Cornwall.
You must be a self-motivated and enthusiastic individual, with a can-do attitude and excellent skills in communication, planning, project management, and team working. You should be able to work under pressure, meeting deadlines and handle complex situations with clarity and calmness.
- You will ideally have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in providing Data Protection support and advice, preferably in an educational setting.
- Experience of managing or advising on Personal Data Breaches, Subject Access Requests, Data Protection Impact Assessments, Data Processing Agreements, and complaints.
- Experience of building strong working relationships with stakeholders at all levels within an organisation
- Confidence in collating and presenting reports to leadership teams.
- Preferably with experience of carrying out Data Protection Compliance Audits
- Preferably with experience delivering training.
There will be a requirement to sometimes visit schools across the Southwest, therefore your own car and a full driving licence is required.
The post holder will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Please click Apply Now to see the Job Description.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working - The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationExeterDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation Support
- Salary Details
£37,336 - £41,418 per annum
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull TimeTerm Time
37 hours per week (term time) 42 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required