Do you enjoy working as part of a team? Want to be the welcoming face of adult learning in South Devon? Want a varied role where every day is different?
We are looking for a friendly, enthusiastic Administrator to join our local team. We are committed to delivering exceptional customer service and breaking down barriers for adult learners to join our courses. We take a pride in our work whether it is dealing with an enquiry, data inputting, administrative support, maintaining social media activity and so much more.
We want someone who believes in teamwork and supporting one another, who knows that a smile and a friendly word goes a long way and who wants to be a part of something great!
We are a close knit team and we each bring our own strengths to the role enabling us to achieve amazing things. We focus on finding solutions and managing the varied and conflicting priorities that come our way every day. We want a colleague who can bring their own skills and experience to join our team.
We are the south team for Learn Devon based in the Passmore Edwards Centre in Newton Abbot but supporting courses across the Teignbridge and South Hams area and online. Learn Devon offers a range of courses, workshops and qualifications and our learners come from all walks of life. We specialise in offering small bespoke classes with the personal element.
We have an important role in being the first contact that someone may have with the service, and we follow up with any administrative support for the learner or the tutor, providing information and advice about suitable courses or in signposting to other services.
The normal working pattern will be 7.4 hours per day Monday to Friday. There will be some planned evening and weekend work to ensure that support is in place for classes but this will be agreed in advance. Whilst this role is public facing there are opportunities to work from home for part of the week if this suits the work life balance of the successful applicant.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationTeignbridgeDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupAdministrative, Secretarial & Office Support
- Salary Details
£19,264 - £20,043 per annum
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required